Tuck or Vaser? (Photo)

Getting married this December, any urgent fix - please advise?

Tuck or Vaser?

From the pictures you provided, I don't think there is an easy fix. I agree that your best option is losing weight and then consider surgery if you are still unhappy.

Surgery will involve liposuction and/or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) depending on what you look like.

Congratulations on getting married.

Tuck or Vaser?

I agree with my colleagues who have suggested you attempt to first reduce your weigh, before having a surgery.  Once you have lost the weight it will be easier to determine if a tummy tuck, Vaser liposuction, or a combination of the two, would be in your best interest.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive tummy tuck and Vaser liposuction experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

I would recommend you start a weight loss regimen. Liposuction can help shape your back, waist, and abdomen. I would recommend waiting for a tummy tuck until you have reached your weight loss goal.

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

It appears to me that you need to lose significant weight before proceeding with any surgery but in the future will benefit from liposuction of your grab handles and mid upper back accompanied by a full tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone will not tighten your muscles and will leave you with significant loose skin.  Get to a healthy and maintainable though not necessarily ideal weight before proceeding for optimal health benefits and the best result. Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tuck or Vaser

I think the liposuction will yield the greatest amount of change but it will leave you with some loose skin on your abdomen that will need to be dealt with in the future

Julio Garcia, MD

Liposuction for the male torso

You likely have a substantial amount of intra-abdominal (visceral) fat - weight loss can help with that. Tumescent liposuction of the abdomen and waist would help with your contour to some degree.

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Plastic surgery is not a quick fix solution.  First and foremost, you must be near your ideal weight to achieve optimal results and to minimize risk of complications.

Once your weight has stabilized, doctors can assess if you're a good candidate for liposuction, tummy tuck, or both.  

Liposuction removes just the fat (the superficial one beneath the skin; not the deeper, obesity-related type), so patients with good skin shrinkage can expect good results.  But if there is skin laxity or looseness, tummy tuck is a better option. 

I hope that helps and good luck.