Tuck or Vaser? (Photo)

Getting married this December, any urgent fix - please advise?

Dieting should be done first

before you invest in any procedure... increase your activities and watch what you eat and your weight should literally melt off of you.  And you'll be much healthier for it.  Having a procedure without discipline is really worthless to you and its best that you focus on a better lifestyle that will allow you to lose weight and this is very doable before December.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy Tuck - Weight Loss First

Thank you for your question and photos.  I believe it is best to be within 10 - 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Thank you for your question and picture, I would recommend you lose weight first for a better result, best of luck!

DrDerby

Thank you for your question.I would recommend you to lose weight first and then consider a Tummy Tuck. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tuck or Vaser?

Neither.  I recommend that you lose weight first.  Your BMI is too high to make surgery effective and it will leave you worse off than you are now.  My suggestion is that you work towards losing that weight and don't seek surgery at this time.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Tuck or Vaser

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination it appears that you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist/love handles and back.  This will offer you the best overall reduction in adipose while removing the excess skin that would be present if liposuction alone was performed. Hope this helps.

Tummy tuck vs Vaser liposuction

Thank you for your question! From the photos you provided it appears that Vaser would be a good option for the hips (love handles) and a tummy tuck would be a better option for your abdomen. Vaser may give some skin tightening in addition to contouring, but it does not take care of loose skin. And it appears you have loose skin to the abdomen. Photos can be deceiving , however, so please visit with several Board Certified Plastic Surgeons and find someone you feel comfortable with! Best wishes!

Tuck or Vaser?

From the pictures you provided, I don't think there is an easy fix. I agree that your best option is losing weight and then consider surgery if you are still unhappy.

Surgery will involve liposuction and/or abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) depending on what you look like.

Congratulations on getting married.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Tuck or Vaser?

I agree with my colleagues who have suggested you attempt to first reduce your weigh, before having a surgery.  Once you have lost the weight it will be easier to determine if a tummy tuck, Vaser liposuction, or a combination of the two, would be in your best interest.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive tummy tuck and Vaser liposuction experience.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon