Is it true that you can transfer the fat from your stomach to your buttock & if so, how much will it all be?

Yes, it is possible to transfer (liposuction)  the fat from an area of excess (tummy, flanks, back, thighs, etc.) and transfer the fat to the buttocks.  This procedure is know as a Brazilian Butt Lift.  The procedure takes approximately 2 hours to perform and can be done on an outpatient basis.  Approximately 65-75% of the fat will survive the transfer and remain permanently.  Costs can vary depending on the number and size of areas to liposuction and the time needed to perform the procedure, but can run between $8,500 and $10,000.  We routinely preform these procedures on Thursdays and Fridays and most patients can return to light duty work in 4 to 5 days.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- to buttocks

I suggest consulting with a VASER Hi definition contouring specialist. By doing a VASER Hi definition procedure you will get much more contouring, shaping and skin tightening. Fat transfer from the abdomen and flanks can be used to augment the buttocks. Hi definition procedures give results instantly, the final result should be seen by 3-6 months. Unfortunately, cost cannot be determined without an in person evaluation. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Fat transfers to buttocks

Yes, it is possible to suction fat from the stomach to transfer to the breasts.  That's the beauty of fat transfers- you can transfer it to just about anywhere in the body.  When you transfer it to the buttocks, it's often referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift.  The buttocks seems to accept the fat grafts more readily and with less lumpiness than other parts of the body so it's a great place to enhance with fat transfers.  We often times liposuction around the buttocks to accentuate the curvature and projection that you already have and then top it off with some fat to where we want maximum projection.  The recovery is generally much faster and has much less risks for bleeding and infection than buttocks implants.  You also don't have to worry about implants shifting or becoming exposed like you would have to with implants.  Fees will vary greatly around the country and will usually depend on how much volume you need transferred/ how fat needs to be liposuctioned, how many areas need to be addressed and where those areas are.  The expertise and experience of your plastic surgeon can also affect the fees.  I would recommend you see several board certified plastic surgeons in your area with lots of experience with fat transfers.  Best wishes.

The cost of BBL varies from surgeon to surgeon and in different regions of the country. Best to find the best doctor and then discuss the prices.

Transferring fat

yes it's possible to transfer fat from one area to another.

The process is called fat transfer a.k.a. fat grafting.

When placed in the buttocks this procedure is often referred to as the Brazilian butt lift.

Fat can be harvested from any anatomic area using various forms of liposuction.

The fat can then be grafted into other areas to achieve volume or fullness.

My practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction and fat transfer only.

We perform these procedures without the use of General Anastasia.

Some people are better candidates for these procedures than others. I suggest having several in prison consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's who have expertise particularly in this procedure if this is something you may be interested in.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat transfer to the buttocks

dear Clara5000Fat transfer to the buttock from the abdomen and waist is a commonly performed procedure that is often referred to as a Brazilian butt lift. It works very well to narrow your torso while reshaping your buttocks. It is an outpatient procedure with a relatively short term recovery.Look for an experienced plastic surgeon certified by the  American board of plastic surgery. See more than one consultation. Make a well informed decision. 

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

I totally agree with Dr Reich.  What you desire is commonly done so go on some complimentary consultations and find the expert you want to perform your procedure
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Buttock fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. Fat grafting to the butocks is a very common procedure.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD