Temporary veneers came off after 2 hours. Had to superglue. (Photo)

I got some temporary veneers put on top 4 front teeth. Front 2 came off after 2 hrs. #7 next day. I had to superglue them on. When Dr put them on, my gums were bleeding so she used a laser. They've been glued on now for 3 wks. Dr said to leave them glued on But my gums have not healed right or very much. Can the super glue be causing this? After 7 months of problems with this dentist & still no permanents! I Can't go elsewhere. Can lift up edge of gum line seem to be healing like that.

Never use superglue to reattach temporary #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your temporary veneers.  Temporary veneers are made to come off because they are just that, temporary. However, when a temporary comes off, it is important to see your dentist to have it put back on. Super glue is not indicated for use in the mouth. I would recommend seeing your dentist as soon as possible to have the super glue removed and your temporaries replaced. If your temporaries come off in the future, you can purchase temporary dental adhesive/cement from a drugstore to hold them in place.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100