When will the swelling be completely gone?

I had one vial on my chin 12 days ago but my chin is still swelling. I look more ugly than before which I am worried when it will be back to normal.

Swelling post-filler/injections

Thanks for your question.  Swelling after injections is very common.  The swelling depends on your body's healing process, the area filled, and the type of filler.  Swelling can last 1-4 weeks -- it can be worse depending on the area treated, the amount of filler, and the type of filler used.  If it looked good right after the procedure, it will usually go back down to that level.  Hang in there, it should be better by 4 weeks.  If it's not, there are other ways to dissolve the Hyaluronic acid fillers to get the look you are wanting. Hope this helps.

San Francisco Physician

Swelling

Hello, and thanks for your question. Post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after filler

having done irritation and swelling after dermafiller injection is completely normalIt usually improves in few days but sometimes longer. As long as it is not painful , no signs of infection and no hard lumps , it should be ok.Irecommend to see your injector for assessment

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician