Revision? Botched butt implants? (Photo)

I'm 7 months out and they seem like they sit too high and my butt looks pointy. I would like opinions on how it looks. I don't want to go back to the same dr if it seems like he doesn't know what he's doing. All he said was to wait until a year passes.

Butt Implant Revision

Thank you for posting your pictures and your questions.  Waiting a period of time is prudent, however now at seven months the change in your butt will be limited.  Several things will need to be done to improve the appearance of your buttock.  First the current implants would need to be removed.  Second the pocket will need to be adjusted to have the implants sit a little lower.  Lastly I would change the implants that you are currently using.  I like to use an implant that is similar in size to your buttock with a more natural slope so that it does not have the pointy appearance that you are experiencing currently. I hope this helps.  

Redo butt implants

Dear Nes,                                                                                                                                                                               Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, the implants appear to have been placed too high, which is the typical look of implants that are placed under the muscles. This is a very unnatural and unattractive look. You also have butt asymmetry and the right cheek appears larger, which might be due to seroma (fluid).                                                                                                                                                                       Since your goal of nice butt was not reached, to correct your deformity, unfortunately, you will have to remove the old implants and have new implants with different technique   that will give you a much more attractive and natural looking butt. In my practice, I use ultra soft  oval round silicone implants placed under the Gluteal fascia (on top of the muscle) . This technique is superior to the intra muscular technique, because it allows for larger size implants  , nice 'S' curve (shelf) , nice full hips   and nicer projection . It has less pain and recovery is much quicker.                                                                                                                                                                                       Not all result are the same, obviously, because of the different implants used and different techniques employed. Additionally, experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical for good outcome. So, do your due diligence and choose your surgeon wisely.                                                                                                                             Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of butt implants surgery in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive . Also, check the reviews on 'Realself'  for ratings and positive experience reports.                                 Best of luck,                                                    Dr Widder                                                                                                                                                                                             

Revision buttock implants?

It is unusual to see much significant change after 7 months. Nonetheless if things remain the same over the next 2-3 months, a revision will be in order. Typically in these cases the implants were placed either on top of the muscle, at least partially, or the pocket for round implants was positioned too high. In either case, the implants need to be removed and replaced with fresh implants of a better shape and/or size. Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD