Can I raise my nose bridge and fix my droopy nose? (Photo)

My nose looks like a ship's anchor. When I smile, it looks like a triangle and the tip bulges down even more. I have a non existent nose bridge as well. I'm wondering if its possible to add rib cartilage to my nose to help define the nose and raise the nose bridge and fix my droopy nose (possibly by cutting the depressor muscle?) I'm also wondering how much this would cost so if you could give me an estimate, that'll be great. How much would it cost to fix ONLY my droopy nose?

Rhinoplasty

You are on the right track.  You have a good idea of what is required.  Asian noses require more structure generally to achieve the desired shape. Diced cartilage wrapped in fascia will be the best way to elevate the bridge. Because the strength and volume of septal cartilage in Asians is often deficient, you are correct that rib cartilage provides ample material for the bridge, the struts for tip support and for tip dome reinforcement. Harvesting rib cartilage is usually done under general anesthesia but can easily be done in an outpatient setting in experienced hands.  I suggest you visit the Rhinoplasty Society website to find this kind of plastic surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear sam-hemmings, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. To best show you the changes that rhinoplasty could achieve for you I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field and have digital imaging performed. Taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy and skin thickness the surgeon can show you a close approximation of your result. After this is done the surgeon will discuss in detail the techniques which will be used to provide your desired result and will quote you  a surgical fee. For examples see the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can I raise my nose bridge and fix my droopy nose?

All of the changes you wish to have done on your nasal appearance can be achieved. Depending on which area(s) you wish to address the cost for the surgery, anesthesia, and operating room would be $6,200 - $7,500.

Fred Suess, MD

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Raising Nasal Bridge and Lifting Droopy Tip

I would augment your nasal bridge using a diced cartilage/fascia graft rarely is rib cartilage necessary. Adequate material can be harvested from the septum and the ears, avoiding the problems associated with taking rib cartilage. Your very wide tip and nasal base can be narrowed and refined by changing the contour of the tip cartilages and adding a cartilage graft to improve definition.