Will a Q-Switched laser take care of this? (Photo)

I got this tattoo about 2 weeks ago. I hate it and want it off. I can't seem to find a place with good prices for a Pico laser around my area. Will a Q-switched laser help?

Tattoo Removal

You would be a great candidate for the Alex Trivantage laser. This laser is the only one on the market that can target colors.  The multiple wave lengths can target all the colors in the tattoo with 4-6 sessions.  You should contact a board certified dermatologist as soon as possible.

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

You can begin the tattoo removal process at any time. Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. Please see a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Will Q-switch laser work for this tattoo?

Hello, thank you for your question. I would say "yes" the Q-switch device is capable of removing this tattoo. It appears that there may be some white mixed in with the black on the hearts, this may make it a little more difficult to remove as white is void of color and the laser needs a target (color) in order to have an effect. It may take more treatments than the Pico technology, but it is still effective.Good Luck!

Mark A. Blair, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser tattoo removal Q Switched laser

Black is an easy color for removal with a 1064 QS laser. I would try using this first. It should be less expensive and has been used for years. R0 protocol makes it a faster removal as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Picosure

Picosure laser is excellent technology to get rid of a tattoo. We are usually able to remove a tattoo in 6-12 treatments depending on a variety of factors.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Laser Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths making it possible to remove 96% of ink in as little as 4-6 treatments. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. It is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider. I have been practicing laser tattoo removal for almost 20 years.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon