What could be the cause of this lump? Should I be concerned? How long should I wait to see if it goes? Should I wait? (Photo)

I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair. I have an egg sized lump that was not there when we took the originally binder/bandage off. It showed up a few days later. It is located to the right and slightly higher than my bellybutton. My Doctor said he hadn't seen this before. He said it wasn't a hernia (had me cough and lift my head while pushing on it) He told me to massage it. Should i be concerned? What would cause this? Sneezing or coughing? Could it be a hernia?

Localized swelling

None of us has the advantage of your surgeon to help identify the source of this swelling. A simple, non-invasive and relatively inexpensive method to help identify the underlying tissue composition would be ultrasound.  This could at least distinguish whether this is liquid, solid or an out pouching of the underlying muscle.