Liposuction result- uneven surface need to fix. Any suggestions? (photos)

Im 30 had 2 kids. I just had lipo done 6 months after my 2nd baby. I look skinnier but it has been 5 months now n i m worrry about the uneven surface. There is hard 2 lumpy areas around my belly button. Looks like muscle separated. Can it go away with diatisis recti exercise to close the gap? I didn't have time off for tummy tuck. Now my belly doesnt look nice as i expected. What is mini tummy tuck? I prefer in office surgery. Thx

Liposuction result- uneven surface need to fix. Any suggestions?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction after 2 kids - result is lumpy

• Thank you for your question about your liposuction.
  • The separation of the muscle that you are seeing is from pregnancy.
  • Liposuction has removed the fat that concealed it -
  • It will not go away by itself or with exercises.
  • You need a tummy tuck - no office surgery or mini-procedure can fix this for you.
  • I hope this was explained to you before you had the liposuction.
  • I strongly suggest that you live with it until you have the time and money to have the correct surgery.
  • Wish there were an easier solution - but unfortunately, there is not.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
    Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Uneven contours after liposuction

While your results are not ideal it's important to consider that liposuction alone is limited and what it can deliver on someone who may be a better candidate for an abdominoplasty.

any muscle separation you may have a.k.a. diastases recti is from previous pregnancies and not from liposuction.

Sometimes these conditions become more noticeable as subcutaneous fat layers are removed.

Revision liposuction may be an option to help create a more even contour.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if he or she may be willing to do a touch up to get your results a little more even.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD