Will Juvederm Ultra Plus XC give me a higher cheekbone? Can it be injected superficially in that area?

Hi, I have performed many cheek augmentations using dermal fillers and while Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can work, Perlane now called Restylane Lyft is my preferred filler for this area.  The filler is injected into the subcutaneous fat over the cheek and then molded into the proper shape.  Hope this helps.  

Juvederm and Cheeks

You can use fillers to get increased cheeks. I like Radiesse or Voluma best for this.  See a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

I appreciate your question.
Juvederm plus XC is a great product. I tend to use it for deeper wrinkles such as the nasolabial fold. For cheek volume, I prefer voluma or restylane lyft

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Cheekbones and Juvederm Voluma

I love Voluma for giving an immediate lift to the cheeks and producing beautiful cheekbones. You will get the best results by going to a board certified dermatologist who has expertise with facial cosmetic injections. Best, Dr. Green

Consider Voluma as another option for cheek enhancement

Juvederm Ultra Plus XC will give you some amount of lift. I would encourage you to consider Voluma XC as this has greater lifting power which is especially useful in the cheek region. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Juvederm Ultra Plus XC give me higher cheek bone? Can it be injected superficially in that area?

Juvederm Ultra Plus XC can be injected superficially in the check.  However, to achieve more prominent cheekbones Voluma is a better product.  Both products are manufactured by Allergan, but Voluma has been designed to be thicker in consistency and thus provide better "lifting" capability in the cheek.  Also, Voluma is the longest lasting of the injectable products and its affects can remain up to two years.  In most cases, Voluma is injected just above the cheekbone.  By injecting in this deeper area better lift is achieved, for the volume of product used.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for cheeks

Juvederm Ultra Plus should be placed in the deeper layers of the skin or in the fat just under the skin. Cheek enhancement is best done with a more robust filler like Voluma. This is place directly over the  cheek bone and tends to last much longer.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon