Can Kybella be used to firm up the jaw line????

Kybella for jaw contouring

Kybella is FDA approved for reduction of submental fat under the chin, and many patients see an improvement in the contour of their chin after treatment. However, Kybella is not meant for skin tightening. If you have lax skin causing jowls, a skin tightening treatment such as Ultherapy or ThermiRF may be better for you. If you have a double chin as well as lax skin, a combination of Kybella and a skin tightening treatment could help you obtain a “firmer” jawline. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to discuss your goals and treatment options.

San Diego Dermatologist

Kybella for jawline

Kybella is a nice, new treatment to reduce fat below the chin, in the submentum. It's not for tightening skin however. For skin tightening you should consider a heat-based treatment like Ulthera or a surgical lifting procedure.
Hope this helps!

Anthony Youn, MD, FACS
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Treatments FDA -approved for Double Chins

ybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or a double chin. Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid) is injected into the fat pad under the chin for permanent results. At this time, it is not recommended to treat under-eye fat with Kybella.#Kybelladestroysfat    #doublechins   #fatdestruction

Kybella Treatments FDA-approved for Double Chin FAT

Kybella is an exciting new FDA- approved treatment for submental fullness, or a double chin.  Kybella (Deoxycholic Acid) is injected into the fat pad under the chin for permanent results. Often 2 or 3 treatments are needed to completely contour the chin and remove the unwanted fat.

A skillfully trained provider can determine if you are a candidate for Kybella vs other surgical neck procedures.

At this time, Kybella is not recommended for the jaw line . We recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if other non-surgical vs surgical options are appropriate.

#Kybellafattreatments   #doublecchintreatments    #Kybelladestroysfat

Kybella to firm up jawline

Dear julsbluedart:

I have found reducing the fat of the neck, the jawline indirectly looks more defined. In addition, many patients experience tightening of the treated area. 

If if the laxity of the jawline is more severe, procedures such as Ultherapy and/or Pellevé can lift the skin and tighten it.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella for jaw

Kybella is just for submental fat.  Not to firm up the jaw.  Speak to your board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella and Jawline

There are different modalities that I utilize to firm up the jaw line. First among them is Thermage to tighten up the skin.  If there is excess fat in terms of a "double chin" then Kybella injections are amazing at dissolving this fat.  Kybella will also tighten up the skin in the injected area as well.  If a contour is needed then I often inject Sculptra or Voluma as well in the jaw line to provide more definition.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella vs. Laserlipo

Kybella is used to treat submental fat known as the "double chin."  If you are looking for a treatment that will provide you with more definition in the jaw area I would consider Laserlipo.  It is done in the office with very little down time.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for the Jawline?

Kybella is an injectable treatment to treat submental fat, or double chin.  It is not used for skin tightening, although some skin tightening has been noted on patients treated for fat reduction.  This is a side effect and can not be relied upon.  Also, it is not safe to inject Kybella along the jawline.  If injected there, it can cause injury to nerves.  For these reasons, Kybella is not an option for skin tightening on the jawline.  If you are looking for a non-surgical option, you may want to look into radio frequency treatments.

Can Kybella be used to firm up the jaw line?

Kybella is used to eliminate fat from underneath the chin. Consequently, removing fat from the chin will ultimately improve the appearance of the jawline and create a structured or contoured look. Kybella cannot be directly injected onto the jawline due to the various nerves that are at risk of being damaged or injured. If skin laxity is your issue, other procedures such as ThermiTight may be a better alternative. Please refer to my website for more information on Kybella or ThermiTight. Hope this information helps. Best wishes, Dr. Busso.

Mariano Busso, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon