Do I have infection? (Photo)

I don't know if I have infection and if is normal how the scars looks. My doctor said it's normal , but I don't like the smell and how they look plus I am in pain, my doctor doesn't want me to get medication so I am confused I don't think it is normal. I have already 3 weeks with the implants and I still bleeding sometimes

Wound Healing

Thank you for your question. I agree that it looks like you have some wound breakdown. It does not seem to be healing normally. It is best you have a follow up visit with your plastic surgeon so he can properly diagnose you. 

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Wound Healing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dhaval M. Patel 

Double Board Certified 

Plastic Surgeon 

Hoffman Estates 

Barrington 

Oakbrook 

Chicago 

Wound Healing Problems After Breast Implants

Your breasts are not healing normally and the surgeon has an obligation to advise you regarding care for these open wounds. Normally the original surgeon is in the best position to provide post-operative care but if he or she will not assume this responsibility then you should get a second opinion from an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck!

Do I have infection? (Photo)

It would have been nice if you had given us more detail as to what you had done.  From the photos it seems you had implants along with an anchor lift.  If that is the case, you have some local wound breakdown which is not uncommon, and you only need to keep it clean with peroxide and apply antibiotic ointment twice daily.  It will heal, its just going to take a little longer.  Everybody who has this condition thinks that they have an infection, but its really the wound breakdown that is the problem and there probably is some superficial infection, but that is secondary and happens with any open wound.

Do I have infection? (Photo)

Wound Breakdown

It looks more like local wound breakdown. Use 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water to cleanse area and apply polysporintwo times a day.

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Wound Breakdown

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Surgical wounds

Thank you for your picture. Unfortunately you have some wound breakdown. This needs to be cleaned slightly and allow to heal with local wound care. Please revisit what your plastic surgeon as to what measures he or she likes to use.

Surgical wounds

Do I have infection after breast lift and implants?

You have loss of skin and slow healing. The white material needs to be removed-usually wet to dry dressings will help. Your surgeon needs to see these wounds and advise you how to treat them to speed up healing. If the surgeon will not address this seek a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon.

You want the open areas to be pink or red without white material.

Do I have infection?

So you had a lift + implants. Now with wound edge dehiscence. I use topical or PO antibiotics but your surgeon needs to make that decision... 

Do I have infection?

You might have an infection

You have had some skin breakdown around the incisions. Sometimes this is from poor circulation but infection around dissolving stitches may also be involved. 

Your wounds look pretty superficial and should heal with good wound care.  Work closely with your surgeon on this. 

You might have an infection

Do I have infection after breast?

Open wounds may occur after breast surgery such as lifts or reduction. Skin breakdown occurs due to a number of factors such as tension, infection, or poor blood flow. Open wounds tend to heal better when covered with an ointment and bandage. But, it will take time. Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon to ensure that your wounds continue to heal. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns.

Do I have infection after breast?

Open wound after breast augmentation lift

Hello
It sounds like you had a combined augmentation and lift. There is a higher incidence of wound problems when the two operations are combined, but, as long as the implant is not exposed, these tend to heal.  There are local measures that could be used with antibiotic creams that keep the area moist and healing.  The best advice is from your own surgeon who sees the wound frequently and can monitor progress.  Hang in there and continue to keep your surgeon advised of all your concerns. 

Hello