Infected tooth help please?

Around 6 years ago or more, my front left tooth got chipped and was told it was infected by my dentist at the time but never did anything about it. Over time I noticed little hairline cracks happening near my gums and a little browning around that area started to happen. I have been told to get a root canal but never gotten it yet, would that greatly help or would other methods help. I am worried about it getting worse and the look of it since it is my front tooth.

Front tooth

Hi, thanks for sending your question. Its not possible to give you an accurate status report of your situation without xrays and proper examination. However I strongly encourage you to visit with your provider and him examine the area for best advise and suggestions of treatment.

Los Angeles Dentist