What Can Be Done To Improve My Unattractive Face - 19 year old Male? (photos)

I am considering rhinoplasty, cheek augmentation and chin implants. But I am not sure on the specifics. I will include photos

More attractive

At age 19, while the basic elements have grown to full expression, the fat is still redistributing and will throughout adult life.  For example, a chubby face in one's teens will often be a hollow looking face by early thirties.  For this reason I would be careful about what is removed.You have some very handsome features and [perhaps rhinoplasty and or chin advancement may be helpful for ideal balance this can only be evaluated with an examination and full sized facial photographs for planning. The tip of your nose shows a blemish--I cannot discern if this is something temporary like a zit or a mole that should be excised but this will help considerably in my opinion.

Rhinoplasty vs. Cheek aug vs. Chin implant - what to do?

Thank you for your questions and for providing photographs, it really helps me address your concerns.

Regarding your nose, it depends on what you would like your nose to look like. What can be done? In cases such as yours, patients often ask for a thinning of the nose. This is provided by a rhinoplasty where some of the cartilage is removed and your nasal tip cartilages are brought together. I cannot see a profile view to see if your nose has a hump or needs to have an augmentation to balance the side view.

Regarding your cheeks, I'm not so sure you need this. But this is my opinion. From the pictures you provided, your cheeks look pretty good. Perhaps if I see you in person, I may change my opinion. 

Regarding your chin, a side view would help see if there is a lack of balance in your profile. A chin implant can make your nose appear smaller if you have a recessed chin. 

If you click on the link below, you can see a woman from India descent who want an improvement of her nose - case # 2855 and a woman who had a rhinoplasty and chin implant, case # 2439. This should provide you an idea of what can be done. 

Congratulations for taking the first step which is reading out for advice. The next step is to seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon so you can get to the next level of addressing your concerns. 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Facial aesthetics

Attractiveness is extremely subjective and as we've heard time and time again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  So how do you make yourself more handsome?  From a purely plastic surgery perspective, facial symmetry is extremely important.  Read up on the vertical fifths of the face and the horizontal thirds of the face.  Start with this analysis of your face and then focus on the things that make sense  to improve on.  The nose and chin are obvious things to help create masculinity and symmetry, after that eyes and cheeks.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to improve my unattractive face, rhinoplasty and chin implant?

A full set of photographs of the face are required to make a determination, since the nose and the chin, since they are both three-dimensional structures. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing and straightening the nasal tip and bridge line and shave down the dorsal hump. Chin implants are  used when patients have  and recessive and weak chin side profile.  Chin implants are manufactured  in  a large variety of sizes and shapes, which is usually is best determined at the time patient examination. For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below to our rhinoplasty/chin implant photo gallery