What is an ideal weight for a 5'1" person to do a BBL? (Photo)

So I'm 5'1 and fluctuated between 132-138 right now im 132. I lost weight for my bbl because I want to be skinny with a nice booty. But now my legs lost weight too

BBL candidate

You need to have some excess fat in order to have a good outcome with a fat transfer procedure. Watch this brief video for more information.

Dr.Bruno

Good Candidate for BBL

Hello, thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry. I believe that you are a good candidate and you will get good results with that procedure. You might also want to consider a tummy tuck in order to get rid of the loose skin in your abdomen and to correct your abdominal muscle wall too.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What is an ideal weight for a 5'1" person to do a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that as long as your hemoglobin levels are high enough and your bmi is under than 33, you can have your surgery without any problems.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction and BBL as you are now.

What is the ideal body weight for a BBL?

Dear Mrs Castaneda:

It is not so much the ideal body weight but the relative proportion of your waist : buttock ratio. The ideal in your population group is .65 waist to buttock ratio taken at the maximum convexity of the buttocks in posterior view. This would mean that a VASER procedure the waist area at least would be indicated and then added to the central buttock  to yield a lateral waist to buttock ratio of .70. The safe outpatient volume of liposuction is 2000 cc aspirated which is the amount you would likely need out. The fat is not all reinjected but placed in areas of contour irregularity and deficiency. Hope this helps,

Dr K Dolynchuk

Ken Dolynchuk, MD
Manitoba Plastic Surgeon

Although, there is no ideal weight for a BBL, given your height and weight, you should be a reasonable candidate as long as you are in good health.  A good exercise program, which concentrates on your abdominal core muscles, would also be beneficial.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive BBL experience.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Ideal weight fo BBL

Your ideal weight should be around 110 pounds.

At that weight it baby challenging to get enough fat for an ideal BBL.

At your current weight you're carrying a substantial amount of intra-abdominal fat making your abdomen somewhat disproportionately large.

BMI or wait by itself is not a good indicator if someone is a good candidate for either liposuction or fat transfer.

Fat distribution is by far more important.

In other words where you carry your fat determines how well someone will do with these procedures.

My best guess is you would do very well by losing another 10 pounds and then moving forward with your procedure.

Much of this has to do with what each individual person is trying to achieve, is capable of achieving and taking multiple other factors into consideration.

A Thorough discussion with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has expertise in body contouring can help set a good long-term strategy for you. 

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Ideal weight for a BBL?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

BMI should be less than 30 before surgery. I would recommend an in person consultation.Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon