Have tuberous breasts & got mastopexy & breast augmentation. If I get the implants removed - how will my breasts look? (Photos)

I had tubular breasts. In 2007, I had a breast augmentation with silicone under the muscle and a mastopexy. However, nearly 10 years later, +30 pounds and 2 kids, I 'd like them removed. I'm curious how my breasts will look without implants since I had a mastopexy beforehand. Will the lift and ~10 years of implant presence make my breasts look less tubular once implants are removed? I have very little breast tissue to begin with.

In person exam required

Depending on how much tissue coverage there is vs the size of the implant and its position you might be able to get a good result.

Explant with tuberous breasts

Thank you for your question and photos.  Since you have had a weight gain over the last 10 years you will likely have more breast tissue to reshape after doing an explantation.  I think your tuberous breast situation prior to surgery appears improved since the mastopexy and implants.  If you desire an explant I think you would still have a nice result but depending on the size of your implant you will likely need a revision lift to get you the best shape.  Seek expert in person opinions with surgeons who perform a lot of explant surgeries. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Removing Breast Implant after Tuberous Deformity Surgery

Thank you for the photos.  When removing implants I generally tell the patients that you will likely go back to the volume you had prior to surgery minus some of the changes that have taken affect over the years you have had implants.  It appears that you have good size implants and once removed you will obviously lose all the volume and fullness that the implants give you.The tuberous deformity was addressed by the mastopexy you had so I don't think that would be an issue after removed the implants.  The skin does retract some after the implants are removed and from the photos it does not appear that you would need another lift or mastopexy.Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Implant Explant

Having the implants under the muscle, Possible tuberous breast and breast lift.Explant needs to remove the implant and the capsule, re-attach the muscle to the chest wall, to prevent animation and re-establish normal anatomy.After explant re-evaluate the need for a lift and would do the lift at a later stage.No one can tell you how the breast would look like after explant.

Have tuberous breasts & got mastopexy & breast augmentation. If I get the implants removed - how will my breasts look?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on your photograph alone it appears that your breasts have an overall good skin care quality and I would anticipate an explant to leave you with a less constricted/tuberous appearance than where you started from and with a well placed nipple and areola that will not likely require an additional lift.  Hope that this helps.

Tubular breasts

Your lift likely addressed some of the issues of the tubular breast like large areola and a constricted lower pole.  Once those large implants are removed, however, you may want another lift if the ptosis bothers you.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon