I had radiesse injected into the jowl area. Now I have hard bumps where it was injected. Will these go away?

Bumps after Radiesse

Thank you for your answer. The short answer is, yes - but in time. This all depends on how much Radiesse was injected into the area to start, and how long ago the Radiesse was injected. Typically, Radiesse will remain firm and nodular for at least 3-4 weeks. It takes time for the body to process this, and for it to soften. Your clinician may recommend a light massage to the area; this will hasten the softening process. Unfortunately, Radiesse cannot be dissolved as easily as other fillers - like Juvederm or Restylane - but it does provide a great lift to the areas filled. You may always feel the filler a little bit - but it's more important that you can't see it. If it has been a couple weeks, and you're still concerned, you may want to follow-up with your injector to ensure everything is fine. Best of luck! 

Radiesse - Safety and Results

I suggest you see an expert.  this needs 5fu/steroid injections, saline or subcision to break apart.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse into jowl - hard lumps

Thank you for asking about your Radiesse.
  • Radiesse can form lumps -
  • Massage can flatten them.
  • Contact the doctor who injected you about the problem and ask if s/he should see you to do the massage or if s/he wants to guide you through it over the phone.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS