I had breast augmentation and a lift 18 months ago and I'm still itchy?

One week after my surgery my stitches were taken out and the next day I was open. ( extremely painful) No infection and I healed, but I had a 2 inch wide scar. I had to heal inside out. He repaired that after 6 months of healing. That was a year ago and I am still very itchy, all around . Also, the skin is very thin on the bottom and I can feel the implant. Is my body trying to reject the implant?? Why am I itchy?? Can anything be done? They are much bigger than I wanted, but I live them!!

Scar Issues Post Op

It sounds as though you could have normal, tight, itchy scar tissue or it could be hypertrophic and require medical intervention to calm it down. If your scars are red/raised/irritated, see your Plastic Surgeon for scar treatment.

All the best

Scar Issues Post Op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All the best

Thanks for the question. Difficult to answer without pictures or examination. You have had difficulties with wound healing and revision scar surgery. My concern is that your breast implant is palpable. You should probably visit your plastic surgeon for review. Maybe a steroid injection is not the best solution if the skin is very thin and the implant is palpable. Good luck.

Richard Hanson, MB, MCh, FRCS(plast)
Dublin Plastic Surgeon

Itching ?

Based on your description, this might just represent itching of the scar tissue, which is not unusual.  You are about 18 months post surgery, so I think you might want to consider steroid injection to the scar.  This should help you with the itching.  I don't think this is a sign of rejection or infection.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.
Dr Vasisht

Itching ?

Dr Vasisht