Can fat transfer in the face be reversed with even, natural results?

I had fat transfer done in my cheek are about 15 years ago. After loosing and gaining the same 20 lbs. my cheeks when I smile are way to big and look strange. Can fat transfer in this area be reversed with even, natural results?

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent?

You can have this reversed with steroid/5fu injections or surgery. Laser can sometimes give improvement. I would suggest consulting with an expert.  Possibly localized liposuction may help. Best, Dr. Emer.

Reversing facial fat transfer

The actual fat grafted cannot be reversed.

In areas of the fat where there are natural layers of subcutaneous fat liposuction can be done in an attempt to create better shape and contour.
Sometimes the adjuvant use of fillers or even corrective fat transfer can be done to create a more aesthetic outcome as well.
These statements can only be made on a general basis and cannot be applied to any one individual person.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Fat transfer

It is very hard to get the fat out.  When we do the transfer we put the fat into many layers of the cheek.  So it isn't sitting there like isolated fat.  If you have any laxity of the face, doing some sort of midface or facelift may help to reposition the fat into a better, more natural looking location.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon