Is it possible to do a fat transfer from my arms to my thighs? If so, is this permanent? Any risks?

Yes, it is possible to transfer fat from the arms to the thighs.  Approximately 65% to 75% of the fat transferred will survive permanently.  As with any surgery, there are risks which can include infection or bleeding.  However, most patients do well and do not experience a complication.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon, who routinely performs fat transfer procedures.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

It's a good question. Fat can be transferred from any area where there is some excess to areas that would benefit from an improved contour. This could include fat grafting to the face, buttocks, and thighs.Make sure to see an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for consultations.

Dear wenkroybebeFat transfer is an excellent technique that works well to reshape your body. It is also feasible to transfer fat from your arms to your thighs. You are not descriptive in your goals with the thighs. If your goal is fuller thighs then the technique will help. If your goal is addressing cellulite it will provide limited improvement. Your best option is to go for an in person consultation to get useful and practical information.
Look for experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of  Plastic surgery. See more than one consultation and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer from arms to thighs

It's pretty much it possible to transfer a fat from almost any part of the body to any part of the body. Some areas are more amenable to this than others. This is true both in regards to harvesting fat and areas were fat does well being grafted or transferred to. Arms typically respond very well to liposuction. Proper thigh fat transfer may require more fat and can be harvested from your arms. An in person consultation could definitely answer your question in much greater detail. My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer. There are inherent limitations and risks involved with any procedure and fat transfer is no exception. Both liposuction and fat transfer are generally very safe procedures. Fat transfer does have limitations. The most common limitation with fat transfer is the amount of volume able to be transferred giving long-term permanent results. I suggest consulting with several board-certified plastic surgeon's who have expertise in this field. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- ARMS AND THIGHS

Yes we do this constantly in our practice by doing contouring and sculpting and then using this fat to lift/volumize/contour other areas of the body that may be deficient.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Arm to thigh fat transfer

Thank you for asking about your arm to thigh fat transfer.
  • Yes, it is possible to do this =-
  • But the arm usually has relatively little fat and the thighs typically need quite a lot to show a result.
  • The chief risks of fat transfer is loose skin or irregularity in the area where the fat is taken
  • And absorption of the fat where it is injected
  • Only 40 - 70% of injected fat survives - and often the procedure needs to be repeated several time, 6 weeks apart.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS