Extraction/implant after apicoectomy? (Photo)

I'm a 37 yo F, no PMH except for orthodontia as a child. I'm POD 21 from a apicoectomy following 2 failed root canals by an Endodontist on tooth #6. Now having hard palate pain and swelling near treated tooth. Do I opt for extraction? Can an implant be done immediately or no given likely infection? Should I return to same Endodontist or see OMFS? Thanks so much.

Root canal pain

Hi:

I would definitely go back to the Endodontist for re evaluation.  There is a 50/50 chance that you can get an immediate implant if you extract the tooth.  X-ray and possible CT Scan is necessary to evaluate the implant site in order to give you accurate assessment.

Dr. Maddahi

Root canal pain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi:

Dr. Maddahi