How much would it cost to remove a 1.5" scar on my hand? (photos)

Hi all, I had a car accident last year causing a broken bone my third metacarpal (left hand). It went through a surgery and thus causing a 1.5" scar. I know the procedure can be costly so I just want to get an idea of how much it'll cost for me to go through this. If it makes sense, I will most likely be signing up immediately since this is bothering me a lot.

Scar revision

Thank you for your photo. Scars continue to mature and improve over a year. If it is still young and remodeling, you can continue treating your scar with various topical options such as silicone-based strips or gels and most importantly - keep them out of the sun. Overtime, your scar should continue to improve on its own. For both young and older scars that have plateaued in their improvement, microneedling, fractionated laser, and radiofrequency make microscopic holes in the scar to stimulate your body to remodel and fill in the scar with new collagen. Finally, a surgical excision and possible tissue rearrangement can break up the line of the scar, make the scar thinner, and improve its appearance. Given the size of your scar, you may be best treated with a combination of both an in-office procedure using only local anesthetic, followed by non-surgical treatments during the healing phase to maximize the end result. For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps! Johnson C. Lee MD Plastic Surgery

Beverly Hills Physician

Scar on Body -- Fraxel, Medical Tattooing, Vascular Laser/Pulsed Dye/Yellow Laser

This really needs laser treatments more than surgery. I suggest seeing an expert in scars.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Management of hand scar

You have developed hypertrophic scarring( excessive scarring). For best aesthetic outcome, scar revision is necessary to remove the scar and repair tissues in a way to elicit least inflammation during healing. To prevent the hypertrophic scar from returning, steroid injections and/or laser treatments can be done. The cost will vary depending on your location. The procedure can be done under local anesthesia. Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon