CoolSculpting or Ultrashape?

35 yo male. After weeks of research still wondering whether Coolsculpting or Ultrashape is a better option. I had traditional lipo of the abdomen a decade ago and since have seen fat settle in my lower pecs, love handles and pubic mound area. The amount of fat is not severe and I would prefer to avoid the surgery and scars of regular lipo. I'm flexible on dates and willing to travel statewide (as I do for work anyway), what should I expect on pricing?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting versus Ultrashape

An in person consultation is the only way to see which device would work best on you for the area involved.  Since you do not want an invasive procedure, both procedures would meet that criteria.  The key is to evaluate if the applicators and areas are treatable by the device.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with coolsculpting

CoolSculpting Versus Ultrashape Versus Liposuction

It sounds like you will need hi definition contouring to get the best result long term, as well as so many body areas that need to be shaped.  If a procedure, under tumescence while you are awake, is something you will not consider you have to be evaluated to see if these devices will work.  Ultrashape and coolsculping are very different and work in certain areas with success and in others without.  You may need a combination approach of both!  I suggest a formal consultation with an expert who is a body contouring specialist and has a practice dedicated to this.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting

Good question.  Although I would not disagree with prior comments about the utility of CoolSculpting, Ultrashape might be best option, or only option, for your areas.  Not all fatty deformities are treatable with CS.  The area must be the correct size and shape to fit into one of the applicators.  If it does, then CS is a great choice.   Ultrashape can treat any fatty area on the body.  It is not dependent on size or shape.  Yet, it theoretically offers the same 20-25% reduction of the fatty layer.  So, if your PS offers both, I would take their advice.  Good luck. 

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is the way to go and I have seen fantastic results.  I have not heard too much about Ultrashape and there is probably a reason why. 

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting or something else?

I have not had Ultrashape performed on myself but I am in love with Coolsculpting.  I try everything on myself before purchasing and I am obsessed with Coolsculpting... awesome results.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting or Ultrashape for non-invasive fat reduction

Dear Dave 79:

Every year new devices for non-invasive fat reduction enter the market. None of the heat inducing machines are reliable or reproducible for the results they promise. If you notice, there is not much Ultrashape advertising going on.  

Today’s best technology for non-surgical, non-invasive fat reduction is CoolSculpting. It uses selective cooling of the fat to a temperature where the genetics of the lipocyte resorb the cell; a process called apoptosis. Pricing is location and number of sessions dependent; $900-600 per session. 

CoolSculpting is limited and surgical lipocontouring while invasive maybe your better option. Consult with a well experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting or Ultrashape?

While it is possible that you might see improvement with CoolSculpting or Ultrashape, I would go with CoolSculpting.  I will say that I have not performed Ultrashape however.  The pricing will depend on the number of areas treated and the size of the applicator used.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

My recommendation would definitely be CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is quickly becoming one of the most sought after treatments for the non-invasive reduction of fat in the United States. To get pricing information it is generally best to go for a consultation but I can tell you that in my practice the average patient is treating 2-3 areas twice. Once now, and a second treatment 30 days after the first. Depending on the treatment strategy that your provider recommends I would expect the price to be between $3,700.00 - $6,300.00.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

CoolSculpting or Ultrashape?

Thank you for your question. I am biased toward CoolSculpting as I have been seeing exceptional results. It is best to do your research and schedule a consultation to be assessed in person, in order to choose the most appropriate option.

Sincerely Yours,  

Martin Jugenburg, MD