Cheek fillers vs Cheek implants. (photos)

After getting a rhinoplasty and chin implant I do feel like it helped balance my face more than it was prior but now I am noticing that my cheek region is flat and under my eyes I have bags that have always been there but now I'm looking to resolves those as well. I am interested in trying to achieve angular cheekbones via fillers or implants but I want to know whats the best route to proceed in. Would that help balance my face even more? Thanks in advance.

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

I find that fillers are safer and more predictable in younger guys but implants can give great outcomes if done by an expert.  Please see a specialist.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cheek Fillers vs Implants

Augmenting your cheeks would improve your  facial contour and cheek projection. Fillers such as Voluma are easier for you but will last about 2 years. Implants will last a lifetime but the decision will be yours. It is not clear in these pictures if you truly have bags or if this look is secondary to depressions at the lower eyelid margin which can be corrected by increasing volume below the bags. Regardless, this can be addressed at the same time as cheek augmentation.

Cheek fillers vs Cheek implants.

Hi, I have performed many Cheek Augmentations, using dermal fillers or cheek implants, over the past 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are a bit flat.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  A dermal filler will provide a temporary augmentation, while cheek implants provide a permanent enhancement.  Both provide a much higher degree of reliability than fat transfer despite its recent increase in popularity.Hope this helps.

Cheek implants or fillers?

cheek fillers are temporary lasting at most two years. Cheek implants will last forever and are symmetrical if properly placed. They can be done through the eye lid incision to correct your eyelid bags at the same time. See a very experienced cheek implants surgeon who produces natural results 

Cheek fillers versus cheek implants

Cheek fillers involve placement of injectable material into the cheek area for a temporary augmentation. Placement of cheek implants offers a permanent augmentation. Cheek implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, can be custom carved when needed to match patients unique anatomy, and are usually placed through an intraoral approach under a brief  General anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure.  Both procedures offer an augmentation of the existing anatomy, and do not  give the angular appearance.  For many  cheek implant before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Cheek fillers vs Cheek Implants

Cheek augmentation is a popular request from patients seeking to improve the contours of their face.Facial fillers are temporary (18 months on average), reversible and injected in the office.Facial implants are permanent and placed in the operating room.I would also suggest first doing a trial with the filler to see if you like the result of augmentation. It can be dissolved if you're not pleased with the result or you can tailor it with additional injections. I recommend meeting with a surgeon who performs both the injection and the surgery. She/he can evaluate you for treatment options appropriate for your face to reach a safe and happy outcome. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon