I do not like my breast implants. They are too small and the gaps between my breast are wide? (Photos)

I do not like my breast implants. They are too small and the gaps between my breast are wide. I cannot fill in a C, but it is close. I like to be a double DD. I have a side chest. I like to go to DD's. Currently I have saline from Feb 96. I had silicon from 1990 to 1996.It give me rashes and bruises all the time since day one. My chest are wide & I want boobs to be very close together with like the photos. I want them teardrop like shape.

Breast implants - right size and shape?

Thank you for asking this question. Looks like you have had previous procedures but I cannot tell where you started from and where you are now in terms of your breast shape and size based on the pictures provided. 

I think this web pathway may not be the bet way for you to resolve your concerns. For sure your do not want to have more procedures on your breasts. You should take the time to have a face to face consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon to allow you to get to the next step. 

Size

Thank you for the question and photos and certainly your breasts can be revised to give you a larger size.  So see some experts in your area and become informed what is possible.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I do not like my breast implants. They are too small and the gaps between my breast are wide?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. I will start off my saying that you "wish" pictures are not typical of most patients so I would make sure that you are clearly communicating with your plastic surgeon what your goals are prior to considering any surgery. The women in the photos have very large natural breasts and this look is going to be hard to obtain in you because you naturally have smaller breasts. In addition, the breasts being closer together in the middle is a matter of anatomy and not surgery. If you naturally have a large gap between your breasts, trying to correct that with surgery can lead to symmastia (no separation between breasts), or medially displaced implants (with the nipples not being centered on the breast mound), among other risks and complications. 

I think that to achieve your goals, you might best be served with a larger implant placed in front of the muscle and underneath the breast so that they will descend with the breast and create the look you are trying to achieve. But be warned, this is not a typical goal, and with time, this implant setup will likely cause problems in the future as the weight of the implant can stretch the tissues, often causing unforeseen poor cosmetic outcomes.

Breast implant revision questions #plasticsurgery

Existing breast implants can be safely removed and replaced for larger implants in most cases. We use infra-mammary incision placement to make subsequent revisionary breast surgery easier.

I think your old implants can be removed and replaced with larger mid-profile implants to improve your size and contour but there is a limit to what can be safely and reasonably accomplished without risks of complications and disappointment. I think your goals are not realistic and in fact implants of that size would be dangerous in my opinion.  If you can reset your size goals I think you can expect nice improvement from replacement of your implants with new larger cohesive silicone gel implants.  The rashes and bruising of which you complained may or may not recur with the new generation of cohesive silicone gel implants and although there are shortcomings you may wish to consider the use of saline implants.  Large saline implants have a very high risk of rippling and palpability and as a result themselves may be disappointing.  Food for thought.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

You could certainly have larger saline implants

but your dream photos are unrealistic and unaesthetic... they look awful to most people and if implants are causing the 'droop' it will only get worse with time, necessitating a downsize and mastopexy (costs and scars) so really be careful of what you want.  Make sure your surgeon understands your goals clearly before you have any procedure.

Curtis Wong, MD

I do not like my breast implants.

From looking at your photos it is easy to see you could have larger implants and do welll as your current implants do not fit your chest to adequate dimensions. Your wish photos all show very low breasts being dragged down by their heavy weight and you can be sure if you see these same patients in 5 years their breasts will be even lower. Gravity always wins. Be careful what you wish for. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Most of those pics have macromastia

Most of the goal pics you have shown are ladies with really large natural breasts, the kind who seek breast reduction surgery if their large breasts are hurting their necks and shoulders. You can go larger than you are but it probably won't look like these.

Implant revision

Thank you for your question.   There is a significant difference in your goal pictures and your current post op pictures. The only to achieve a more similar result would be to significantly increase the size of your implants.  You should discuss your goals with your surgeon.  In addition I would recommend that you take your goal pictures to the consultation.   Best wishes.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I do not like my breast implants.

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific advice in regards to selection of specific breast implant size/profile for revisionary breast surgery. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "DD cup” or "more projection etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers). Viewing the patient's chest wall in the upright and supine positions, with temporary sizes in place, help select the best breast implant size/profile for the specific patient.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.