Brazilian butt lift or butt implants? (Photo)

I'm 5'6" 130lbs. I feel like I have a small amount of fat in my abdominal area, my inner thighs, arms, and back- would it be possible to get that liposuctioned out and put on my butt and hips?

Brazilian butt lift or butt implants? #brazilian butt lift #butt implants

Thank you for your question!  While you are on the thinner side for a BBL, it would take visiting with a few plastic surgeons to get different opinions.  At my office in the San Francisco Bay Area in Foster City, I only perform augmentation using one's fat.  From my experience, there are only a few physician's who use implants correctly in the buttock region.   They may in fact use your fat and also a buttock implant.  If on exam, you are determined to be too thin then your option is to either gain weight, or have an implant inserted.  You may on the other hand, actually be a candidate if you have a small skeletal frame and liposuction becomes an option.  In this case, fat transfer may work!  I recommend you seek a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon who you can see in consultation to help educate you on your best options!  I hope this helps!!

You may be a good candidate for a BBL, with better photos, this can be more accurately determined.  You need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine this.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Definitely Fat Transfer Brazilian Butt Lift

Photos are hard to interpret, but it appears that you have fat in the abdominal torso area that could be harvested and put into your buttocks.  When performing a Brazillan Buttocks lift, we harvest fat strategically from above the buttocks in the lower and middle back area, and also in the love handles and waist, which by itself creates a move defined buttocks.  When we then put fat into buttocks you create an even more defined buttocks.  Together, they can make a remarkable difference.  Implants have many issues including infection, extrusion, migration and rotation and only as a last resort be considered, in my opinion.Dr. Seare

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift or butt implants?

From your photos, you are correct, you could consider either a Brazilian butt lift or buttock implants.  In most cases, a BBL (liposuction and fat transfer to the buttock) carries fewer long term risks and will probably result in a more natural look and feel than buttock implants.  Given your photos, height and weight, I believe you would be a better candidate for a BBL than buttock implants.  It should be possible to achieve a very nice result with the amount of fat you presently have.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

"BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas  ( Liposuction ) to the buttocks and into the hips. You can have fat harvest from the thighs to transfer to the buttocks. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

"Butt Implant"  i will tell you with  years of experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BBL candidate

An exam in person would confirm if you in fact have enough fat for a fat transfer procedure. You can certainly remove fat from all those areas you mentioned in order to maximize the amount of fat added to your buttock and hips. You may also benefit from gaining a few pounds before surgery.

William Bruno, MD

Getting a Brazilian

What you describe is of then greg erred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL.

The procedure is basically done as you described.

Fat it's removed using special liposuction techniques and placed back in areas where fullness is desired.

Certain people are better candidates for this procedure than others.

Women with tight skin who have substantial amount of fat in undesirable areas typically do the best.

My practice is devoted exclusively to liposuction and fat transfer only such ass Brazilian butt lift and natural breasts enhancements.

I am the only plastic surgeon in the San Francisco Bay area who is devoted my practice to only these two procedures.

With our technology patients are awake during the procedure. We used no needles, no scalpels and no sutures.

There are many talented board-certified plastic surgeon's in the bay area.

I suggest having several consultations.
If you don't mind driving to San Francisco I would be happy to see you for a complementary consultation.

I think you will find it worthwhile.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD