I'm 5'1, 120lbs. I asked for a full C (I'm a 32 B) My surgeon said a 340-360cc would be ideal. Would a D cup be too much?

He gave me a 350cc 4 weeks ago and I am feeling unsatified, I don't have the clevage I want in a sense the "butt cleavege" I can see the results without clothes fuller more round all around but my top portion I don't. You can't even tell I got them done. I am now thinking of a revision for a small or regular D would that be too much? Since I am "petite" I don't wnat to look fake but also want something you can tell!

Choosing Your Breast Implant

This may provide to be a helpful guideline: If a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this.
With implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile which all contribute to the final outcome.

Realize that bra sizes are not standardized

The implant size you had, should be enough to make you a full C in most bra company sizing. however bra sizes can vary from company to company. Also what looks fake and too big for the woman, is very subjective. 

I would suggest you wait at least 3- 6 months to see if they "grow on you" before having another surgery to change out to larger implants. 

it is important to also realize that although implants can, of course, make your breasts larger, the final appearance of your breasts is heavily influenced by your starting shape. 

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Too small after breast augmentation…

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you are experiencing after breast surgery.
Although I understand your concerns, I think that you may already have a good understanding of some of the concerns  surrounding breast augmentation surgery: every patient's anatomy does limit how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely. In other words, the use of a breast implant that is too large for a patient's frame may be problematic in many ways.

Having said that, given that you are fresh out of surgery, it is definitely too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed.You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at the early stages of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.
For example, many of my patients report that as the swelling around the breast implants (for example, in the sternal area) decreases, they feel that their breasts appear more projecting. Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger.
Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change.   If, in the longer term, you remain displeased with breast size, it is likely that re augmentation with larger breast implants will be possible.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

You are still early in recovery at 4 weeks and the overlying tissues and muscle are compressing the implant making it look flatter.  Wait until at least 3-4 months before finally evaluating her result.  In my experience 350 cc  rest implants typically create a full C cup in most bras, and a D cup at Victoria secret.   Of course discuss her concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Miscommunication with your surgeon

can be very exasperating sometimes.  In my practice, I always let my patients choose their size and will only warn them if I think they are going too large for their frame.  Most of my patients who come in seeking a C cup almost invariably end up leaving with a D cup because I create looks and do not sell cup sizes.  But your statement about wanting something you can tell and butt cleavage BUT not fake simply do not go together and you really can't have it both ways... its either look face and get the butt cleavage or look more normal and have very natural appearances.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Augmentation Dissatisfaction

It's hard to believe 'you can't tell' with 350 cc implants on your 5' 1'' tall body. Cup sizes are not a good way to communicate goals, and there is no way to insure a cup size with any given implant.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Implant Size

Breast Implant sizes are chosen based on specific breast measurements. When increasing the size/volume, there is a limit for width which will fit in your breast so implant projection must increase with volume.

It is not uncommon for implants to be distorted and appear a little flatter at first when tissues are swollen and tight post op. I recommend that you allow at least a few more months to see your settled result and then decide if you truly want larger implants. You could discuss fuller options with your Plastic Surgeon once healed.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.