Can you help me solve my mysterious puffy cheek issue? (Photos)

My face has been like this since I was about 17; I am now 34 but the puffiness is more prominent. I just had a blood panel done and my doctor said everything was "normal." I do not eat gluten, dairy, or processed sugar, nor soy so it is not an allergy as my diet has changed over the years as well. I do Not have any pain and no hard lumps. I Do have PCOS. I have had tmj since I was 18 as well, but no pain. My doc thinks it could be from tmj. Please help me solve this issue. Thank you!

Can you help me solve my mysterious puffy cheek issue?

Hi, you should consider having a thorough examination and possible XRAY analysis under the care of a local ENT surgeon to rule out a Parotid mass among other things.  If that turns out negative then you have the excess fat decreased in the area.Hope this helps.

Asymmetry of your face

is entirely 'normal' but is it simply soft tissue or do you truly have a larger fat pad on the left side as suggested by Dr. M?  It could be your muscle on that side or some other disorder  Only an exam would help define this and lead to a diagnosis.  Then options for treating this should be discussed and you can pick what is best for you (thinner face or wider face).  

Curtis Wong, MD

Unilateral buccal fat pad hypertrophy causing facial asymmetry

Your condition is actually quite common  The buccal fat pad on your L side appears disproportionately full compared to the opposite side.  It is a relatively simple procedure to reduce the L sided buccal fat pad to achieve greater facial symmetry.An in person examination would confirm this diagnosis and the feasibility of the procedure.

Brent Moelleken, MD