Will minimal sweating 1 hour post Botox affect results? (Photo)

Botox was injected above my eyebrows, under my eyes (towards the sides, above my cheekbones), and on my masseters. I was having a salmon salad and the dressing had too much lemon juice in it, and I was perspiring a little due to the bitterness. I tried to cool myself down by fanning myself and drinking ice tea. Minimal perspiration on my scalp and a little on my nose and upper lip. But now I'm concerned if this will affect my Botox results? Please let me know. Thank you.

Botox results

Nothing to be worried about. A little perspiration will not hurt your Botox results. I know this from living in Miami! Good luck and enjoy your results!

Will minimal sweating 1 hour post Botox affect results?

Hi, I have used Botox (Xeomin or Disport) for 30 years and the truth is that the Botox solution is absorbed by the tissues within several minutes of being injected.  I've never understood or agreed with the various position restrictions following Botox treatment that suggest a certain position would lead to Botox migration, which simply is not true.Hope this helps.

Sweating post botox

Hi Weiwei,The sweating episode post Botox should not affect your result or cause any complication or side effect. Botox may reduce the amount of sweating in the area for the duration of 3-4 months after the injections however.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Swelling Will It Affect Results

No , swelling is normal after injections.  I suggest you wait 1-2 weeks to see the ultimate outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Food induced perspiration

Sounds like a very minimal perspiration and not even in the area where you were injected with Botox, so I wouldn't worry.    Enjoy your food !!

Erik Suh, MD
Bellevue Family Physician

Heating up 1 hour after Botox

I don't think that this is enough sweating to change your outcome. I think that if you were working out and had more profuse sweating, it could possibly affect the outcome. I also recommend against hot tubs, saunas, and placing head in a head ring for a massage for 4 hours.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and sweating

Good question and I totally agree with the other comments. This kind of sweating will not affect your treatment. The concern about sweating is only if you start vigorously rubbing your forehead to get rid of the sweat as this can migrate the Botox to where you may not want it to go. So, no worries.

Rick Balharry, MD
Calgary Physician

Botox and Sweating

I usually tell my patients no exercise, heavy lifting or bending over. I also recommend laying flat on your back for sleep. But as far as sweating from food, that will have no effect on the Botox you received. Best of luck.

Botox And Sweating

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  In general, I recommend that my patients avoid bending, heavy lifting and strenuous activities such as going to the gym for 24 hours after Botox treatment.  The scenario that you described is very unlikely to alter your result in any way.  Enjoy your Botox and best wishes! 

Does sweating affect Botox?

That is a very good question. Many of my patients are worried that their activities after their treatment will affect the results. Mild sweating like you describe should have no effect.

Jeffrey M. Joseph, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon