Is it ok to do light facial massage 15 hours post-Botox? (photos)

I accidentally did some light massage on my face about 15 hours after Botox, whilst I was exfoliating my face with a facial scrub. Will that affect the Botox? Thanks!

Totally fine

You are totally fine. However, if you notice anything unusual, contact your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Botox Concerns

No problem! The facial massaging happened long after your Botox treatment, so I don’t foresee that you will have any negative symptoms as a result. It doesn’t sound like you were pressing hard on your face, or using a lot of force. Normal facial scrubbing should be completely fine. If you notice anything unusual, contact your injecting physician, but I don’t think it will be necessary given the circumstances and timing.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Botox

Hi & thank you for your question.

You should be fine 15 hours after having Botox. Any questions or concerns you should contact your physician/ Injector .

Enjoy your results!

Botox

You will be fine.  The Botox will be effective and stuck in place by that time.

good luck !

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Is it ok to do light facial massage 15 hours post-Botox?

Thank you for your question. There is no problem with massaging your face 15 hours post botox injection. Best of luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox

Thank you for your question.  It is completely ok to have a facial massage 15 hours after Botox.  1-2 hours after is usually okay.

John Ward, MD (retired)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Post Operative Care

I dont restrict my patients from anything after botox. I have never found there is a reason to do so.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Accidental Massage

I like that term, "accidentally massaged."   LOL   I understand that you just forgot, but you should not worry if the pressure was light.  Fifteen hours into your Botox, it should have been fixed to the tissues where it was injected.

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Light Massage and Botox

I recommend no massage for 3 days after Botox but light massage after 14 days should be alright.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox and massage

There is no problem massaging your face fifteen hours after your Botox injections, so don't worry.  I recommend patients wait four hours after their injections before manipulating their skin.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist