Lower blepharoplasty with fat positioning (six weeks ago) take longer to heal and longer swelling time? (photos)

Read here and elsewhere that seems to indicate that the above may be true but more in passing, so I wanted to ask directly to confirm it. I had lower bleph with a combo of fat repositioning and removal. While I had no complications after the surgery and the initial swelling went away within a week, I seem to be healing very slowly with what I hope is only residual swelling left. Left eye looks ok but right eye has a well defined bag. I can still feel an ever so slight firmness under puffiness.

Most of you swelling should be gone by now

so you should bring this to the attention of your surgeon for further advice and recommendations.  If there is minimal change from your pre-op photos, you have a legitimate concern.  If there is a huge difference but some fullness or asymmetry after procedures do happen with regularity and you can ask about revisions.

Persistent fat pocket after blepharoplasty

It appears there is still fat bulge present, especially on the right side. Discuss with your surgeon. Best to seek in person evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty and swelling

Recovering from lower blepharoplasty is a process. Swelling from the upper face settles in the area below the eyes. Even if you have not had surgery, allergies can contribute to swelling in this area.
6 weeks is still in the first phases of healing. Yes, the initial swelling is gone, but it takes months and up to a year depending on the intensity of the surgery to see your final result. It is a slow process and your surgeon is there to guide you along the way. Keep your follow-up appointments and bring up any concerns with your doctor. Safety first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon