I do not have kids and plan to within next 5-10years. I don't want a Tummy Tuck, will Liposuction alone still get rid of pooch?

I asked a question if I was a good candidate for liposuction. One doctor's response indicated that I may not get the flat tummy result just from lipo alone. I do NOT Have kids yet and I plan to in next 5-10 years so I'm guessing TT isn't the way to go. I do not have loose skin on my stomach. It's tight but pudgy. Can I get the flat tummy with just Liposuction ? (Yes I'm interested in a breast lift but already a 38dd Mayb ddd. Do I need implants still, he suggested lift with implants)
To read the original question, please click here

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction and breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Making a liposuction would obtain adequate results to shape your waist and make a pretty good shape. your photos I recommend a breast lift because their breasts have enough tissue and not be necessary to implant placement that the result is aesthetically pleasing.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

You appear to be a great candidate for liposuction

From the picture you have shown and the fact that you have not had a pregnancy, my best guess is you would do very well with liposuction.

Liposuction only treats fat deposits. If someone's diagnosis is purely a fat distribution issue, they are a perfect candidate for liposuction. After pregnancy, most women have some loose skin and some muscle separation, making them less of a candidates for liposuction.

Since this is not your case, I would anticipate you would do very well with this procedure.

Follow up with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has several years of experience with liposuction.

Check online reviews to make sure you walk away with the feeling that the person has your best interest at heart. Sometimes consulting with several surgeons is a good idea.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction candidate

Based on these photographs it appears that you would be a good candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and flanks.  If you plan on children in the near future, tummy tuck would not be a great choice.  I would prefer liposuction for you anyway.  I think you could have an excellent outcome.

I think you would do well with liposuction. After you have all the children you want, then you could consider a tummy tuck if you have too much loose skin. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction versus tummy tuck choice

In my opinion, you can get a nice improvement from liposuction (liposculpture) without having a tummy tuck.  Find a board-certified plastic surgeon near you so that you can be examined in person and have all your questions answered.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is probably reasonable based upon your pictures and your plans.  Find an expert in liposuction who has great reviews and great before and after galleries.

hello and thanks for your question.
If you are not having kids for long time, based on your photos, you are a candidtate for tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks. An in person examination is needed.
Dr Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

In my opinion, Liposuction is the best procedure for you, whether you are planning to have children or not. A tummy tuck will make your skin tighter and will tighten your abdominal muscles, but I think you can get a very good result from lipo alone without the long scar and the longer recovery period. After you have children, it is certainly possible that a tummy tuck would be appropriate.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Body reshaping

There are multiple ways  to reshape your body.  Your suggestion seemed to be liposuction but there are noninvasive means as well like Cool Sculpting.  This has the ability to reshape the hip/flak, love handle, lower abdomen and bra fat areas very easily.  We have two machines to make this process more efficient. Liposuction is an extremely effective tool as well. I use VASER liposuction in general for liposuction.