I had 3,000 FUE just curious if this looks like 3,000? Also if I will have good enough density? (photos)

I had 3,000 just over actually of FUE. My concern is that there isn't 3,000 there and that my head looks worse or less hair than started. Also my transplanted hair doesn't match my hairline there is a space. Dr. Said to give it time but there is no hair in that area. Also pictures go from week 1 to 3 Thoughts? Thanks!

How many grafts, ask your doctor

It is not easy to look at a picture and guess the number of grafts, but you doctor has the count sheet and I am sure they can share it with you upon request.  As for density at this point, 3 weeks after your transplant it is difficult to predict what the final result will be.  Keep in mind that between 3 weeks to 2 months your grafts will lose their hair.  Between 2 to 3 months you will see the onset of new growth consisting of fine, thin hair which will eventually become thick, coarse hair.   Final result will be visible by about 12 months.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no way to tell how many grafts you received with photos. You may want to ask your doctor for your medical

There is no way to tell how many grafts you received with photos.  You may want to ask your doctor for your medical records. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Did I have 3000 grafts

Ask your surgeon to show you the count sheet that was done during the surgery where the actual number of harvested grafts are recorded

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding of the transplanted hairs

Shedding of transplanted hairs in the first  month after the operation  is an almost universal characteristic of a hair transplant. This occurs because during hair transplantation a graft is temporarily stripped of its blood supply and the grafts shed their hair.  Shedding of transplanted hairs are  usually  noticed beginning 1 to 2 weeks following the procedure and continuing for up to six weeks. A very small percentage of patients do not shed and the transplanted hairs continues to grow. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. 
New hairs  start to regrow in the 3rd or 4th months after the operation , and final result will be achieved only one year later . 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

3000 Grafts

The immediate post-op photos do look like this was a 3000 FUE graft case.  This is simply way too early to begin evaluating density.  In most cases the permanent hair growth does not begin until the third or fourth month post-op, so there is going to be a waiting period before hair density can be evaluated.  Be sure to keep your scheduled appointments with the surgeon so you can hold him accountable for the procedure.

Michael Vories, MD
Rock Hill Hair Restoration Surgeon