Should I get a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am 28, lost a lot of weight when I was a teenager and always had this funny tummy with the weirdest belly button no matter what.. I work out 4 x a week and every part of my body has toned but my stomach still the same. I had a boob job and now it is time to replace my implants, would be that possible to have both procedures? Thanks!

Tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  It is very common to have the breasts and abdomen done together (mommy makeover).

Time for a Tummy Tuck

You may be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck but only a personal consultation and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon can answer you questions for sure.  Typically there is no problem combining a tummy tuck with breast surgery.  You did not mention whether you plan to have children in the future but this may be something you wish to consider before proceeding with cosmetic surgery of your abdomen.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or not

Hi, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry, technically speaking a tt would give you a flat abdomen, it would take away all the loose skin and would correct your Belly button as well. You might have your breast procedure also if you are healthy enough to undergo both procedures. I recommend to have an in person or a virtual (Skype) consultation so you can address all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly, good luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Should I get a tummy tuck?

YES to all your posted questions. Now best to see a boarded PS in person to plan out the operations....

Tummy Tuck and Breast Implant Exchange

Treatment of a "funny tummy" after significant weight loss is frequently accomplished with an abdominoplasty. You appear to have enough excess skin that it would work in you. See a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate or not. Breast implant exchange could be done at the some time as a tummy tuck. If this is done, you should stay overnight for safety.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck And Implant Exchange Performed Together

Based on the photos you have submitted, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  The tummy tuck will remove the excess abdominal skin and tighten the abdominal muscles.  The tradeoff is the scar which may run from hip to hip.  In patients that are in overall good health, it is not uncommon to combine a tummy tuck with breast surgery.  I would strongly recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation.  Congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on your upcoming surgery.  

Mark Schwartz, MD

Should I get a tummy tuck?

You look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck. I often do combined procedures so it would be an ideal time to get your breasts done at the same time. 

Tummy tuck after weight loss

I have had multiple men and women who I have performed tummy tuck on for massive weight loss. The only way to fix your belly button is with a tummy tuck. You are a beautiful woman whether you have a tummy tuck or not. Breast implants can last over 25 years without a problem. Why are you replacing them?

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

The combo deal...

Hi there and thanks for the question. Your concern is quite common. Many patients are frustrated because  of diet and exercise-resistant fat deposits that do not respond to a change in lifestyle. I would suggest that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options. The implant exchange and tummy tuck can be to performed safely at the same operative setting. Good luckBest wishesDr. Burnett

Should I get a tummy tuck?

Congratulations on your significant weight loss; I think that you have done all you can to improve the appearance of your abdominal wall. A tummy tuck operation will likely be necessary to achieve the desired outcome. Of course, more information will be necessary to determine if/when you will be a good candidate for the operation. It, assuming you are in good health, can be done at the same time as revisionary breast surgery. Make sure that you select your plastic surgeon carefully, communicate your goals carefully, and learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with all operations you are considering. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.