One year after Gynocomstia surgery with both glandular removal and liposuction, is this as good as it gets? (photos)

I have not been very happy with results from my gynocomastia surgery. My surgeon did glandular removal and lipo together. Six months after I even went back in for additional liposuction. Now its been about a year and a half since original surgery and it still looks like I have a lot of fat that could be removed. Is this as good as it gets or what? I took some pictures, one of which I am pinching the bothersome area while also flexing at same time. It just shows how much extra there is even flexed.

RE: One year after Gynocomstia surgery with both glandular removal and liposuction, is this as good as it gets?

It looks like you still have persistent gynecomastia, which may be both gland and fat.  While some weight loss might help, it really looks like you haven't had adequate resection.  I'd recommend consultation with a gynecomastia specialist, especially if your original surgeon doesn't do a lot of this surgery.  Good luck. 

Newton Plastic Surgeon

As good as it gets

Your results may not get much better unless you lose more weight and have revision glandular excision with more liposuction. You will have significant scar tissue that makes the surgery more challenging but you should be able to achieve a more cosmetically appealing result 

Good luck

DrBurnett#realself100

One Year After Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

One year after Gynocomstia surgery with both glandular removal and liposuction, is this as good as it gets

Based on your photos, you have some residual gland left behind that requires additional excision. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Gynecomastia Results

Surgery to correct gynecomastia usually involves a combination of liposuction and breast tissue removal.  An experienced surgeon should be able to achieve a very nice contour of the chest.  There can sometimes be some looseness of the skin but this usually tightens over time except in severe cases where a skin reduction procedure may be necessary.

If you are not satisfied with the results, I would recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with gynecomastia surgery.  They can help you decide which options are best for you at this time. 

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Result

Thank you for the photos and you appear to have residual fat and or gland that would benefit from removal.  So go on some complimentary consultations and get some opinions from experts in the field

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Surgery incomplete

Unfortunately the surgery was incomplete although the combination was well indicated but poorly made. If you had them completely removed, after a year post-operation, the skin would have completely withdrawn.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD