I'm a 38 year old male. Is voluma an effective way to enhance nasolabial folds naturally?

I heard that check augmentions gives soft lift and enhances nasalobial folds. But I am afraid of looking DONE if I use Voluma. Is it safe for men to use Voluma for checks to correct NLF?

Voluma can be a great way to soften nasolabial folds without losing any masculinity.

When injected by a skilled, board-certified dermatologist, Voluma can be a great way to soften nasolabial folds and provide very natural looking definition without losing any masculinity in the face. More men than ever are opting for cosmetic treatments such as fillers and Botox, as techniques become more refined and it can be done without anyone ever knowing you had anything done.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

Voluma works great to provide natural results and lift to the Nasolabial Folds.  Use in conjunction with Juvederm Ultra Plus XC if needed for better results. Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to see what would be best for you!  Best of luck!

Voluma injected into the malar area (cheek bone) can help lift some of the heaviness of the melolabial fold. I would not recommend to inject Voluma directly into the melolabial folds. Use Juvederm Ultra or Ultra plus instead.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Improve110,

Volume injected into the cheek area can help to soften the nasolabial (melolabial) fold.  It is safe in both men and women.  In my opinion, it is important to be conservative injecting the cheek/malar area in males because having very prominent cheekbones tends to be more of a feminine quality, but your experienced injector would know this.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Voluma effective for men?

I treat a great deal of men in my practice with Voluma and have even had Voluma injected in me (patients are always surprised and can never tell).  It's a great treatment to soften the nasolabial folds and still look natural, especially in men and women in their late 30s and early 40s when volume loss in the malar region (cheekbone region) really starts to show itself.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Nasolabial area and Voluma and Treating Male Patients

You have an excellent questions.  One of the key advantages of Voluma is the ability to treat the mid-face and remove nasolabial folds naturally without injecting directly in the nasolabial area.  I treat a great deal of male patients and they especially do not want to appear as if they have had any medical procedures performed. Please consult a board certified cosmetic dermatologist with experience with facial injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Nasolabial Folds/Cheeks -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat

I find that a layering technique is best and often more than one filler is needed in the direct problem area but often around to lift the area like the mid cheek or around the mouth.  I suggest you consult with a facial sculpting physician and not a line filler.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question.  Voluma is a safe and effective method of generating a cheek lift sufficient enough to blunt the nasolabial folds.  It can be precisely located to generate noticeable, natural results.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon for consultation. 

Voluma is an excellent anti-aging treatment for Men

Voluma is an excellent treatment to give a subtle lift and soften nasolabial and lower-face shadows and lines.
I use this product frequently on men and women who want a subtle but noticeable and natural enhancement.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Absolutely!

Volume is an excellent treatment option for both men and women for gentle correction of aging of the Nasolabial folds.  If done correctly, you should not appear to have had anything done at all!