What are the usual costs related to Labiaplasty revision?

I recently got labiaplasty and since the stitches are starting to dissolve, there are some areas where it looks like the wound is about to separate and I am very scared that it might get worse. My surgeon said that it looks fine and that I just let it heal. What are your thoughts on these occurrences from your experiences? Is it likely that pieces of tissue can be separated? If a revision is needed, is it an additional cost and how much would that be? Thank you.

Very Uncommon

It's very uncommon in my practice to have the labia separate or incision open during the recovery. It has happened to me only once in all of the labiaplasties I have performed. In that case, I revised the area at zero cost to the patient. A thoughtful surgeon will help you and not try to charge you for everything that may happen in recovery. It takes about 4-6 months to fully heal in order to re-repair the tissues.

Labiaplasty revision costs

Costs for #CosmeticLabIa and #CosmeticFemaleSugery
Costs will depend upon the specific surgery that is requested, type of anaesthesia, experience of the surgery, and geographic location.
Estimated fees can be found on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website.

Revision policies should be know before having surgery

and its a question all patient should ask of their prospective surgeon or simply be provided during the consultation by the surgeon.  Revisions in my practice are limited to the cost of a surgical tray (<$200) as it usually involves very little to tidy things up.  If I had to revise another surgeon's outcome, costs will increase as now you are being treated as a new patient.  If your surgeon has a revision policy, it will always be best to return for whatever you need revised.  I am not a fan of surgeon's charging fees again as they simply don't understand what most patients have to go through to afford such procedures.  And as others have said, wait at least 6 months before having one done to allow you to heal as much as possible.  And in most cases, revisions are not needed so be patient and follow the advice of your surgeon and realize that if its not what you expected, that revisions can always be done.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I need a revision of my labiaplasty??

Hello!

As the most experienced (>600 procedures) genital plastic/aesthetic surgeon in Northern California, I will give you as complete an answer as I can

I agree with your surgeon to (although difficult!), just...wait!  As you are aware, labiaplasty healing is truly a "...work in progress," changing literally day-by-day.  Although at 1 month you will have an idea how things wil look, it is not until AT LEAST 3-4 months that you will know final results, so never undergo a repair or revision earlier.  The biggest reason is that it takes a minimum of 3/4 months for the tissue to soften and re-vascularize; revisions done earlier than that frequently open up & look worse than before!

If you feel you need either a minor revision or major "re-do," if you trust your original surgeon, this is definitely the person to do the work, as usually they will do it for free, or minimal charge.

I do a modest number of revisions, and my charges depend on the amount and complexity of the work; there is no way that I, or any other revision surgeon, can give you a price without seeing the work involved; my prices for revisions of someone else's work range from $1000 to > $6,000, depending on the complexity of the work.  Revision surgeons in the Los Angeles area often charge $10,000 or more, as frequently a rvision is more complex that getting it right the first time around.  Even excellent surgeons sometimes experience poor results, and will usually revise one time for free, unless it is new or additional work that you request.

Please click on the link below for additional information 

Michael P Goodman MD

Relax & Heal. It's too soon to judge the quality of healing.

Labiaplasty scars change radically in appearance by 6-8 weeks after surgery. Most concerns are simply manifestations of the normal healing process. While stitches can sometimes loosen or fall out, there are usually plenty of sutures remaining to hold everything together. If there is a true need for revision, it needs to be deferred until the entire healing process is complete in about 6 months. Most surgeons will revise their own work at no additional charge under normal circumstances. However, if you go to another surgeon, you can expect to pay top dollar for revisionary work.

Healing. Revision?

Hello! Thank you for your comments and questions. During healing, as the stitches dissolve, some degree of wound separation can commonly occur. The vast majority of the time this is ok and the end result is not affected. The wound heals from the inside out and a beautiful result can typically still be expected. This does depend some however, on the technique used. I recommend you continue to care for your wound keeping it clean. If revision is required the cost can vary by surgeon. At my office I charge a revision fee of $1500 in addition to labiaplasty fee but it depends on the case. Revision is often a more technically challenging process than doing the original surgery. 
Best Wishes to you! ~Dr. Poucher

Healing after labiaplasty and cost of revision

Labia tissue is very good at healing by design!  Small areas of open edges can heal well over weeks to months in almost any part of the body, but especially in the labia area where there is good circulation and the skin is thin and loose.  I bet you'll do great with no revision.  In my office, revisions are performed with a fee for the facility cost of supplies etc.  My fee is based on the extent and nature of the revision, but is typically far below the original cost of surgery.  Hope this helps!  Best wishes!!

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Revisión Surgery cost

Hi, If it has only been a couple of weeks, then it may be too early to tell from your point of view what the end result will be. There is usually significant swelling causing distortion of the edges. However, if something is obviously wrong or sudden changes like increasing swelling, pain, or redness that is spreading then you see your doctor. If your doctor is experienced in these they can let you know if there is any concern for these changes or they are normal and expected. Revision Surgery should be considered after you have completely healed. A second opinion by a specialist in reconstructive vaginal surgery should wait until you are healed and if you still feel that you have not achieved the look that you desire. If necessary, your surgeon may offer a discount on revisions. Our Vital Health office gaurantees our work and waives the surgeons fee for a revision if performed in the first year.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

Patience is key

Congratulations on your Labiaplasty. The best advice is to be patient and the best medicine is "a tincture of time". You should feel reassured by what your surgeon told you.  It isn't uncommon for sutures to dissolve and for the wound to separate a little.  The vaginal area heals very well and by 6 weeks you won't notice much of a difference had the sutures not separated. If things don't heal well you should wait till you're 3 months postop before any revision.  I'm sure your surgeon has a revision policy, one that you signed before surgery, that will mitigate most of your costs.  If you lose confidence in your surgeon then you should seek out a very experience cosmetic vaginal surgeon to repair it.  The costs vary depending on the extent of the revision. Please see below link regarding Revision Labiaplasty.

Good luck!

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Labiaplasty revision

Thank you for sharing your concerns.  I think it might a little premature at this point to consider a revision.  Besides most revisions will not be performed for several months post surgery to allow for max healing.   If you feel comfortable with your surgeon then I would allow them to manage you and direct your treatment options. Most surgeons will not charge their patients for a touch up or revision if the healing is not going according to plan.  
Also hard for me to comment on your case since I don't see any pics 
Best of luck :)