What type of rhinoplasty is recommended and what are the estimated costs in the bay area California? (Photos)

I've been wanting rhinoplasty to make my nose more symtrical to my face and I think my septum looks a little deviated on my left side, but maybe it's just crooked and that's different?

What type of rhinoplasty is recommended and what are the estimated costs in the bay area California?

There are a number of different options regarding rhinoplasty surgery and a diffinitive answer to your question would require a physical exam.  However, I believe you would be a good candidate for a full rhinoplasty - either closed (with no external incisions), or open (with a small incision across the columella).  The tip could be reduced in size, the dorsal hump removed, and the narrow portion of you mid-nose widened with spreader grafts.   Costs can vary depending on a number of factors, including type of anesthesia, but can range from $5,000 to $10,000.   Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Closed rhinoplasty recommended

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish  decreasing overall projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, and adding spreader grafts to the pinch point/ hourglass deformity in the midportion of the nose.. Rhinoplasty can also address fixing the asymmetry of the nose. A deviated septum diagnosed after a thorough internal examination nose by an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon . For more information, many before and after examples, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for the question and at a complimentary consultation aided by digital photography you will be able to see what is and what is not possible with your nose and learn how it might be accomplished.  So go on some consults where they use this technique, look at photos, compare fees and become informed.
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Crooked nose and more symmetry

Hi Noie!Thank you for your pictures and questions!  I see the issues you mentioned in the photos.  Your septum may be slightly deviated to the right, but I think you have a longer upper lateral cartilage which will require a spreader graft. There is a dorsal nasal hump and some tip bulbosity.  Which method is used to perform rhinoplasty depends on what your ultimate goals are and that will influence the length of the surgery and cost.  Whether shaving your dorsum is enough, without creating an open roof deformiy, will again depend on your goals.  I would recommend making a consultation, where an exam can be performed and you can tell the surgeon your goals and wishes.  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty considerations #plasticsurgery

A rhinoplasty procedure will help to achieve improved harmony amongst your various facial features. Septal deviation correction can also be achieved during the same procedure.

Dear Noie88From the photographs you have shared, a closed rhinoplasty can help reshape your dorsum and your tip and correct your deviated septum. Your dorsal bump can be removed and your tip narrowed and reshaped. The extent of each of the above can be determined by you and your surgeon. This would be an outpatient surgery with about 10 days of downtime. Look for an experienced Plastic surgeon who is well trained and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. See more than one consultation and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon