Is Thermage an option to tighten loose skin under eyes? (Photo)

I'm 33 & unhappy with the loose skin under my eyes. I had 1 Total FX treatment a year ago & didn't notice any difference. I know it probably takes more that 1 treatment, but I suffered from hyperpigmentation afterwards & would like to avoid that again. I have been researching thermage & it looks like it gives good results in that area. Lower bleph seems aggressive & risky. Right eye is worse than left. Also, could fillers help? Most likely need a combo treatment...

Skin Laxity and Thermage for the Eyes

Thermage works exceedingly well to tighten the skin especially when combined with Botox and eMatrix to treat both the fine lines and skin tone and texture.  This delicate eye area should be treated only by an expert.

Laxity Under Eyes

Youthful skin is full of collagen and elastin fibers making the skin firm and tight. As we age so does our collagen and elastin and we stop creating new collagen and elastin fibers. This leads to skin that has more laxity.

If you wanted to improve the laxity of your under eye area you need to stimulate the creation of new collagen and elastin fibers. However, if you have hollows in this area you may also need filler.

A Thermage CPT with Total Tip Technology treatment uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process. Radiofrequency energy is safe for all skin types and has a low possibility of hyperpigmentation.

A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time. Our patients see results immediately off the table and continue to get improvement with Thermage CPT Total Tip treatment for up to 6 months as their skin regenerates new collagen.

If you have hollows under the eyes then a combination of Thermage and filler would give you the best results.

Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment(s) would give you the best results for your concerns.

For more information click on link below:

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Skin and Thermage

Thermage is great around the eyes, especially in younger patients.  Its nice because it uses your bodies natural ability to create collagen and tighten skin.  Nonablative lasers such a Fraxel and Clear and Brilliant work fantastically to tight and improve tone as well, when done properly for the right skin types.  Microneedling and PRP are excellent alternatives as well and do wonders for my patients with almost no risk of any compliations and give results immediately!  I suggest seeing an expert for treatment in this area.  With so many great things out there, surgery is often the last option, in my opinion. Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy or Thermage for loose skin under the eyes ?

A picture would have helped guidance. 

As noted, Thermage or any of the other RF technology may cause problems around the eye.

Ultherapy is FDA cleared for this area with no potential of injury to the eye.

The new 1.5 mm transducers are excellent for treating the under eyes and crow's feet areas.

Read the Ultherapy ebook on the link below.