What is the best filler for cheek augmentation! Is perlane the right choice?

I need to know what is the ideal cheek shape for the masculine face, and what filler would be best to use for this purpose! Thank you all!

Doctor Answers 7

Voluma will volumize your cheeks

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you are looking to restore lost volume than Voluma is the answer. Voluma is a mid-face filler that will last up to two years instantly restoring volume. Please consult with your doctor to find out if this is the best filler for you.

New York Dermatologic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Voluma for cheek augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear bambo thank you for your question. Injectable fillers can be used to enhance facial volume, correct lines and depressions, and rejuvenate the face without surgery. Some common fillers include restylane, juvederm, perlane, voluma, radiesse, and sculptra. Consult with a an experienced facial plastic surgeon injector to review your options. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What is the best filler for cheek augmentation! Is perlane the right choice

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are several different fillers that can be used to augment the cheek area.  The ideal cheek shape for a male is angular.  Women need a soft, rounded cheek, while men are more handsome with angularity.  I use Perlane, Radiesse...any of the fillers.  In consultation, this will be discussed. 

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Best filler for cheek augmentation?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Voluma is currently the only filler FDA-approved and designed specifically for long-lasting augmentation of the cheeks. It lasts up to two years and in many cases over two years. With regard to the ideal male cheek shape this is not something that can be conveyed via a brief response. You will need to find an injector in your area who has an understanding of ideal male facial aesthetics. There are a variety of facial fillers available currently. In my opinion, Voluma is the best option due to its lift, malleability, ease of injection and safety profile. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Filler for Cheek Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have had excellent results using Radiesse to augment cheeks and replace lost volume in the mid face.  It is denser than the traditional HA fillers like Perlane, and seems to last longer (although not as long as the manufacturer claims).  In most cases, patients can go 6-9 months before needing additional product. It can be injected directly onto the periosteum and it stays in place very well.
Voluma, from Juvederm, has recently been approved for this purpose as well. I have used Voluma on several patients and the initial results are impressive.  It has a higher G-prime than Perlane (that is, it is denser). However, I doubt that it will last up to two years, as claimed by the manufacturer, and it is more expensive than Radiesse. In any case, it is nice to have another option to offer patients. After explaining the pros and cons of each,I let the individual decide between the two.
The ideal male face shape is different than that for a woman, so be sure your injector has lots of experience and knows the difference.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Filler - Voluma?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Currently I believe the best cheek filling product is Voluma. It offers longer lasting treatment with the extra safety profile of being reversible. 

For men, filler should be placed more in the front of the cheek or in the sub alar space, rather than accentuating the cheek bone, which is commonly done in women. Other than that, the procedure is the same. 

All the best

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 55 reviews

Best filler for the masculine face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Radiesse is my filler of choice for facial shaping in both men and women as well as for replacing lost volume in the cheeks. I find Radiesse injections to be a better, longer lasting procedure for volume replacement than hyaluronic acid-containing fillers such as Perlane. Because it does not contain hyaluronic acid, not all doctors are comfortable injecting Radiesse as it cannot be reversed with hyaluronidase.
The video link above shows me injecting my wife with Radiesse into the lower cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw line!

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.