Can tethered, indented scar be improved?

After breast augmentation, I suffered an infection which was eventually resolved with strong antibiotics. Perhaps as a result, the scar below one nipple is significantly indented, and pulls inward even more when I flex my chest muscles. Can anyone resolve this? I'd love to find a doctor who has experience with this issue, and a good catalog of successful results.

Scarring after breast augmentation

Problems such as infections can sometimes lead to unfavorable scars. Plastic surgeons are trained to deal with scars and can generally help to improve them through a variety of surgical and non-surgical means. Have you discussed this with your surgeon? If that option is not available,  it appears that a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon is in order to understand your options and the anticipated improvement..

Good luck and I hope you find success in treating your condition. 

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision

Thank you for the question.  Yes, scar revision surgery can be able to improve your scar concerns quite well.  Best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full examination. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Scar Improvement

Scarring issues, external or internal, can be improved surgically, with lasers, injections, massage, among other treatments depending on the specific issues and timing of the procedure. Find an office like ours that offers the full spectrum of surgical and nonsurgical options to determine the best plan for you.

Scar revision

Sorry to hear that you experienced complication after breast augmentation.
Scar revision can be performed to improve the appearance of breasts and scars.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your option.

Scar revision

I am sorry that you are having problems with the one scar. Yes, scar revision surgery can definitely improve things. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss the best option for you -- Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Scar revision

Sorry to hear about your difficult recovery.  From your description, a well done scar revision should improve things a lot.  Good luck!

Indented scar

Hard to answer without at least a photo.  From the description it seems unlikely that your surgeon would not be able to improve this under local anesthesia.

All the best. 

Indented scar

Without a photo it's hard to comment but there's usually a good way to fix the situation with a scar revision and/or fat grafting. I recommend you see  a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for consultation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Indented scar.

It would be beneficial to have photos in order to give you an accurate recommendation, but in general, scars such as you describe can be improved with surgical scar revision.  Hope this helps.

Scar

It is impossible to comment without a photo and an exam. In general scar revisions are helpful to improve the appearance of a tethered or indented scar. A board certified plastic surgeon in your area should be able to offer suggestions.