Stomach question.

I am in good shape, exercise and have pretty low body fat but my stomach is something I am not 100% happy about. I am 5'1 and even if I have one beverage- water, alcohol or something small to eat it shows on my stomach. Is there anything I can do for this? I would consider lipo or a fat transfer just to make my stomach really great but it is frustrating that I cannot drink water or eat without my stomach ballooning. I have taller friends that can eat a small meal without this showing.

Stomach bulges after any eating

Thank you for your question about your stomach.

• Liposuction will not improve a stomach bulge caused by drinking or eating.
  • This is usually seen in people who are so thin that the fluid expands the stomach which then is visible through the skin.
  • If you are not thin, and carry weight on your stomach, it is possible that liposuction will improve the problem by making the stomach less full over all
  • It is also possible that you have a gastric condition, such as gastric paresis which keeps food and water in your stomach an excessively long time.
  • Treatment of this is with medicines - if in doubt, have your regular doctor as well as a plastic surgeon evaluate you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Stomach question.

Dear Anna, there may be a number of good options to help you improve your stomach contour.  Diet and exercise are always a good place to start.  If diet and exercise has not accomplished your goals, then options of liposuction and/or tummy tuck procedures may be a consideration.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive body contouring experience.  Once you have been examined, your doctor should be able to advise you as to which options may be best for you.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Stomach

You may have more intra abdominal fat that you realize.  Also, your abdominal muscle tone may not be as tight-strong as it could be.  Mild dieting and abdominal muscle tightening exercises may help you.

Fred Suess, MD

Getting Rid of Stomach Frustration--VASER liposuction, ultrasound, RF treatments

This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend a formal evaluation with a high def physique expert.

VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.