Doctor Answers 4
Stomach bulges after any eating
Thank you for your question about your stomach.
- Liposuction will not improve a stomach bulge caused by drinking or eating.
- This is usually seen in people who are so thin that the fluid expands the stomach which then is visible through the skin.
- If you are not thin, and carry weight on your stomach, it is possible that liposuction will improve the problem by making the stomach less full over all
- It is also possible that you have a gastric condition, such as gastric paresis which keeps food and water in your stomach an excessively long time.
- Treatment of this is with medicines - if in doubt, have your regular doctor as well as a plastic surgeon evaluate you.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD
Dear Anna, there may be a number of good options to help you improve your stomach contour. Diet and exercise are always a good place to start. If diet and exercise has not accomplished your goals, then options of liposuction and/or tummy tuck procedures may be a consideration. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive body contouring experience. Once you have been examined, your doctor should be able to advise you as to which options may be best for you. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.
You may have more intra abdominal fat that you realize. Also, your abdominal muscle tone may not be as tight-strong as it could be. Mild dieting and abdominal muscle tightening exercises may help you.
You might also like...
Getting Rid of Stomach Frustration--VASER liposuction, ultrasound, RF treatments
This is tough to answer without pictures. I recommend a formal evaluation with a high def physique expert.
VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ultrasound/RF treatments and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.