Seeking aggressive liposuction for hourglass contour. Should I consider lipo or vaser? Is one better that the other? (Photo)

I had a Brazillian Butt Lift 4 months ago. The results are not bad, but I want lipo to areas such as inner thigh, front of thigh, calves, upper back, and more on the waist to have an hourglass look to my stomach and not a square like it is now. During the BBL fat was only taken from waist, flanks, and lower back. Please look at the wish pics and me now, and let me know your recommendation. Thanks.

Thorough Liposuction can help improve an hour-glass figure

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photos, you are a a very good candidate for your requested surgery the best to to find a good board-certified plastic surgeon and have one on one consultation and full evaluation. 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thorough Liposuction can help improve an hour-glass figure.

Liposuction is the best way to improve areas to give as small as possible figure and is easy to undergo but you need a lipo doc with a lot of experience and one who will stand you up during the procedure occasionally to assess the results and fine tune it appropriately.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pursuing an Hourglass Figure

Your desire to have an hourglass figure is something I hear from a number of patients at my East Bay practice. The best way to determine if your goals are attainable is by consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is skilled in different liposuction techniques. VASERlipo is a technique I use in certain cases, but it isn't possible to suggest a specific procedure without a personal exam. It's important to remember that any liposuction technique removes fat, but won't change your basic body frame. That said, I think you can achieve a more hourglass shape with targeted liposuction. Consult with a body contouring specialist to learn more.

Eric Mariotti, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for hour-glass contour

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your surgeon, not the machine, will make the most difference in your result.
  • You would probably need more fat transplants as well to try to augment the area below the waist.
  • However an exam is needed to see if your wish look is attainable -
  • Even with aggressive liposuction of the back, upper and lower abdomen and flanks, only the fat is removed.
  • Bone, muscles and skin add contour too and these will affect your result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Hi Definition Body Shaping -- Get VASER HI DEF with Fat Transfer

to get this type of look you need a 4D, hi definition body contouring procedure with fat transfer. this has more downtime and in my practice we put people to sleep, do lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen starting day 1, and do a significant amount of full body contouring to get the result you are looking for.  please only see an expert who is trained in this specific type of shaping.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction expectations

Thank you for your post. There are going to be limits, no matter who the surgeon is or what type of instrumentation is used. However, it does appear that you could get a nice improvement in your contour & waistline. You have limited areas of fat, and your skin looks very healthy. The underlying bony structure and build of your abdominal wall may limit how narrow the waist can be shaped. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Seeking aggressive liposuction for hourglass contour. Should I consider lipo or vaser? Is one better that the other?

I think that the result is most dependent upon the surgeon rather than the type of liposuction.

Beverly Hills, CA

Achieving an Hour Glass FIgure

It's unclear to me whether your waist was already liposuctioned and how much fat remains in the area to be removed.  This can best be determined by pinching a double layer of your skin to determine the thickness that's present.  It does appear based only on the photograph that you have some fat that can be removed from your trunk and inner thighs though this needs to be confirmed in person.
It should be mentioned that the target photo that you show is an extreme example and its very unlikely that you can achieve that degree of sculpting with removal of the fat that is normally present.  Remember, the hour glass shape that you get after fat removal is dependent on your natural muscle contour and most women do not have the potential for the extreme hour-glassing that you showed as your target.
Speak to a Bd Certified plastic surgeon to have a face-to-face consultation and discussion and good luck.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction

Secondary liposuction can be difficult due to scar tissue formation from the initial procedure.  In secondary cases, ultrasound or laser assisted liposuction can be beneficial.

John Burns, MD

Seeking aggressive liposuction for hourglass figure. Should I considered Lipo or VASER? Is one better than the other?

It would've been helpful to see your preoperative photos. In general, at 4 months you are not fully healed. If you consider further liposuction to improve your shape and get an hourglasses figure, my recommendation would be to use the VASER technique. It does have a definite advantage over traditional liposuction. In a secondary case, where there is internal scarring, the VASER is highly recommended. It seems to me that your midsection wasn't sculpted enough and you have residual fat on the back, waist,hips and abdomen. In a BBL procedure,it is not enough to collect fat for the transfer, but it is important to sculpt those areas from where the fat was removed to get the best results. Half of the operation is sculpting the areas surrounding the buttocks to achieve the best body shape based on the underlying muscle and skeletal anatomy. See a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.