What is the safest way to enhance lips? I tried Juvederm Ultra in my top lip and had a bad reaction in my skin up to my nose.

Fillers for Lip Enhancement

Juvederm is a really great injectable for lip enhancement. I have had great results using this product over the last 13 years. However, lip injection is indeed an art form and it does take experience and a good eye to be sure that you have a good result. Allergic reactions to Juvederm are possible, but are really quite rare. I would want to get more information about your reaction to know for sure if you are allergic or if there was an issue with how it was injected.
Hope that helps.

Juvederm ultra and Volbella work best for lips

I suggest sticking with the juvederm family of products, either juvederm ultra or volbella. It is exceedingly rare to have a "reaction" to any HA type filler.  The reaction you mention most likely was a result of technique/placement issues, rather than the filler itself.
Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Enhancement

Lip Enhancement is an art and you need to consult an expert.  It sounds like Restylane Silk may be a better choice for you.  Volbella will be released soon and will be an excellent choice. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat

Fillers, fat and implants do great for lips. Because you are seeking a different shape, I would suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Lips larger and safe?

for 35 years I have used a person's own fat to give fuller lips. In that time I've had no problem with fat augmentation since it is your own fat. See a surgeon's results you like and lips that are not overdone.