Is it safe and effective to do ultherapy to solve eye bags problem?

I did lower eyelid surgery 3 years ago to remove my eye bags , unfortunately it is not successful and I still have bad puffiness under my eyes and skin doesn't look smooth. A doctor suggested me to do ultherapy to area around my eyes to tight the skin, and followed by filler injection 3-6 months later to have better result. It is safe and necessary to do ultherapy to my eye lids which had surgery before? Does this sounds to be a good treatment plan to solve my eye bag problem? Thanks in advance!

Ultherapy for the Under Eye Area

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to say if this would be the appropriate treatment option for you with out seeing your photos.  However, we use Ultherapy in combination with filler to treat the under eye area.  Ultherapy is performed first over the orbital rim.  We typically recommend three treatment sessions and then follow up with belotero or restylane silk if the patient is a candidate. 
The results from an Ultherapy treatment work in a two-step process. The first stage is the contraction and denaturing of collagen, which causes an immediate tissue tightening, and resultant lift. The second stage occurs over time while the body’s healing response builds new collagen (neocollagenesis).  New collagen production is generated over 2-3 months and often continues for 6 months after the treatment.  I recommend my surgical patients have Ulthera a year or so after surgery to help promote collagen production and maintain the surgical results as they get older.
Good Luck.

Ultherapy and eyebags

Puffiness under the eyes is usually due to several factors, including fat that has herniated from the structures holding it, as well as volume loss around the eye area. Ultherapy is excellent for tightening skin around the eyes, including both the upper and lower lids, but is not a good treatment for eye bags. 

A combination of fillers and possibly fractional lasers can help, however a through examination is needed to tailor a treatment based upon the CAUSE of your eye bags. Ultherapy is not the answer in this situation. 

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Ultherapy for the Under Eye Area

Hi and thank you for your question.

Ultherapy is safe to use around the eyes, over the orbital bone We also do skin resurfacing lasers to tighten the skin around this area. We see great results with either treatment followed up by filler injections to replace volume loss. Its hard to say which would be best for you without seeing pictures. I recommend setting up a consultation with a experienced practice where these treatments are commonly done by experienced providers.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy To Solve Eyebags

Ultherapy is a safe treatment when performed by an experienced provider, even after eyelid surgery. However, I don't think it's an appropriate treatment for your eyebag concerns. A better treatment for you would be a combination of fillers and thermismooth. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

eye bags need surgery unless they can be camouflaged by fillers and lasers used for tightening.  Ultherapy itself helps with lines but will not improve the bags themselves.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ulthera for eyelid bags

ULthera is not a great choice for this.  It may tighten the skin of the cheek and lower lid so the fat looks less pronounced.  It is not safe to do the Ulthera so high on the lid that it is actually over the fat pads.  There are other lasers that can help tighten the skin here, and can use fillers to hide the fat pads.  Your other option is to do a revision surgery.  Really need to see some photos to make a good recommendation. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy for eye bags

I generally would not recommend Ultherapy as a treatment for bags under the eyes.  It is possible another surgical procedure could be of benefit to you, or a filler, or a laser procedure.  An examination or photos of you would be needed to give you further advice.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon