What can be done about the ridge on upper abs after Coolsculpting?

After a coolsculpting treatment to the upper abdomen, there is ridge that runs along where the applicator was placed in the middle of my upper ab. It's fattier above and looks unnatural, but the untreated area is around the rib cage so it's not pincheable fat. Is there anything I can do so that the untreated part can blend in with the treated part? Btw, I thought I already posted this question, but don't see it, so I apologize if this was posted more than once.

Doctor Answers 7


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Ridge after Coolsculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If there is an area of under-treated fat above the area that you had Coolsculpting, you may want to return to your practitioner to discuss treating that area with either Coolsculpting or liposuction.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 56 reviews

Coolsculpting and Upper Abdomen

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Coolsculpting is great for the abdominal area.  It is the most popular area for coolsculpting.  There are various techniques which can be utilized for this area.  If there is a small bulge you may be able to have this treated with a different applicator.  Without photos or an in person consultation it is difficult to assess.  Please consult a board certified physician with experience with coolsculpting and the latest applicators.

Ridge/Irregularity on Abs After Coolsculpting -- you may need VASER Hi Def Ab Sculpting!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I see this every single day in my practice and often do liposculpting (VASER hi definition) to fix this.  I have tried Ultrashape combined with velashape or venus legacy and Z wave to get improvement but it only seems to be minimal as there is fibrosis/scar after coolsculpting that needs to be released with liposculpture.  I suggest avoiding any other nonsurgical treatments and seeing hi definition body contouring expert for an evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Ridge on Upper Abs After CoolSculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Without pictures it's hard to tell what you are talking about. Ideally an in-person examination would be needed to feel the area and determine the best course of action. You should follow up with your treatment provider and voice your concerns so that they may assess you and make recommendations accordingly. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Ridge on upper abdomen after CoolSculpting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Ideally, an exam would be needed to determine what your options might be to treat the ridge you see on your upper abdomen after CoolSculpting.  Sometimes another CoolSculpting treatment can be done to even things out.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

What can be done about the ridge on upper abs after Coolsculpting?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question.  It's very hard to give a good answer without an examination, but there are options depending on the problem.  Sometimes a repeat coolsculpting treatment can be done, or possibly a small area of smart lipo to melt the area. It would be best to discuss your issues with your treating doctor.

Sofia K. Kirk, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.