Will I need a revision or will they even out? (Photo)

Before and after pictures are attached. One breast is substantially larger 17 days post up. The larger one post op was the smaller one prior. Same size was used for both. Doctor did say they would be different post op, I just didn't realize this different. The pec muscle on the currently larger one substantially bigger BC I'm right handed. Will it even out?

Will I need a revision or will they even out?

Please wait 3-4 months for swelling to decrease and the implants to stabilize before making any decisions.  Please discuss with her plastic surgeon whether or not a larger implant was used on the right side.

If you started out uneven

and used the same sized implants, you will still be uneven, albeit in a smaller way in most situations.  Allow yourself to heal as your difference would not be anticipated from your pre-op photo you submitted.  If you remain as different as you are now, you should be able to discuss options with your surgeon and this will range from a minimal reduction (plus scar) of the larger side or fat grafting (assuming you truly have some excess somewhere) the smaller side.  Symmetry is our goal and hopefully you can achieve yours.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Asymmetry

Unfortunately, phone cameras are notorious for creating optical illusions that make things appear that don't really exist. Either resubmit with photos taken at a distance by another person using a better lens, or discuss with your surgeon.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

I can appreciate from the photograph what the asymmetry is. I'm puzzled though that the right breast although smaller preoperatively is now larger postoperatively with the same size implant is the left side. In my mind, this can only be explained by dissimilar amounts of swelling which may even out after a month or so. Follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon is recommended. Being right-handed, and thickness of the pectoralis muscle have really nothing to do with the overall size. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Uneven appearing breasts early after surgery are not uncommon.

Greetings,

Early after surgery, it is not unusual for breasts to appear different.  Surgical swelling may not be equal in both breasts, and pre-operative asymmetries can contribute to post-op results as well.

You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and may need to wait as tissues settle down following your enlargement operation.  Weeks to months of healing will result in changes in your appearance.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Opst op aug

i think this is the most common question on this website.  give it time. I am sure they will get closer with time. takes 3-6 months. patience

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast Uneven after surgery

You are still early in the post-operative period. If the implants are the same size and your volume was the same pre-op then it should balance out if no issues exits. You are right handed as well that will show a little diference.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Although there is some asymmetry present, it is too soon to assess your final result given that you are just over two weeks post-op.  Please be patient and continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Settling after BA

Thank  you for your question and photos. You are still relatively early in the recovery process. It can take up to 3 months for your breasts to completely soften and your implants to settle. It is very common for them to heal at different rates as well, since in essence it is two separate surgeries (one for each breast). Be sure to bring up your concerns with your PS at your next office visit. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in your recovery. It is normal for breasts to sit oddly and heal at different times at this point in time. I would recommend giving it some more time and then speaking to your plastic surgeon about your concerns if it has not resolved. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD