What results should I expect from second breast reduction surgery? Also considering a Tummy Tuck. (Photo)

I am scheduled to have a breast reduction. This will be my 2nd reduction, my first 20 yrs & 4 kids ago when I was 18. What type of results should I expect from my 2nd procedure? I am currently a DDD and would like to be a comfortable C. I heard that a lift with a 2nd reduction is not possible, is this true? I am also considering a Tummy Tuck (I scheduled an apt to discuss this with my PS next week). Do you think I would be a good candidate for a tt?

What results should I expect from second breast reduction surgery? Also considering a Tummy Tuck

A breast reduction always has a lift component as part of the result.  You are a good candidate for a full Abdominoplasty with muscle tightening.  You should combine this with Liposuction of the bra pads, hips and upper abdomen.

Mommy makeover

Your breasts could be improved by more of a skin tightening and lift procedure - for the best results you need to have the details of your original op. In terms of the abdominoplasty you could have this at the same time although I would encourage you to be at your ideal weight for this.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Second breast reduction

You should have a good result with a breast reduction even if it is the second time.  You would have some benefit from a tummy tuck, but you are not an ideal candidate because of your weight.  I think it's a great idea to discuss this with your plastic surgeon. 

David S. Chang, MD

What results should I expect from second breast reduction surgery?

Reductions include a lift of some sort, as would yours. You should expect a more youthful appearing as well as smaller breast. You are currently too heavy to make the cost of a TT worthwhile as your photo indicates a significant amount of internal omental fat that cannot be corrected with surgery, only weight loss. So although you could see some changes from a TT, they will not be adequate to make most patients happy considering the cost. When you can lay flat on the floor on your back and your tummy surface is lower than your ribs, you are ready for the TT. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

AMAZING CANDIDATE FOR BR AND TT

You will make an amazing candidate for breast lift and tummy tuck. 1st I would not do another reduction, but more like a breast lift (this is because your breasts are not necessarily large any more but just need to be lifted); as well a properly performed tummy tuck will provide you amazing results; to learn more about "7 keys to a great tummy tuck" please see below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Reduction and Tummy tuck

The breast reduction is based on how much your insurance company requires the surgeon to take off. That is what determines the final size, you may want to call and check on that to make sure you wont be too small after surgery based on what your insurance requires as far as grams to be removed. 

By looking at your pictures, you seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  It is very common to have these two procedures done together. Good luck with your decision.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

What results should I expect from second breast reduction surgery? Also considering a Tummy Tuck.

Thank you for your question.  From an aesthetic standpoint, I think that you would be a better candidate for a breast lift rather than a breast reduction.  This would preserve your breast volume and keep it proportionate to the rest of your body while making your breasts tighter and more perky.  Also, it appears that you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS