Is it a Red Flag if a Coolsculpting Provider has No Before/After Photos?

Should I stay away from a Coolsculpt provider if they don't have before/after photos of their work? The technician says she has 4 years experience but not at this office which I think is just starting to provide CS. They said they don't have before/after photos because previous patients haven't given approval. The provider is an accredited dermatology office. Everyone seemed very nice, knowledgeable and professional, but I don't see rating for their Coolsculpting work on Yelp or RealSelf either.

CS

The practice is probably relatively new... but we all have been at some point.  Get a second opinion and decide how you want to proceed.

Photos of Coolsculpting

I have been doing Coolsculpting for years and doing cosmetic dermatology.  Most everyone of my patients, including well known celebrities do NOT want their photos taken and published. It is not any indication of the practice or the physician.  It is best to meet with the physician and find out their credentials and their experience.  Best, Dr. Green

Before and After Photos

Coolsculpting like liposuction is an art if you are looking for "treatment to transformation" or contouring like results rather than just small fat reduction. If you are comfortable with the office, I suggest staying with them, however, most credable places will have their own patient photos.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cool sculpting photos

The main reason to show cool sculpting photos is not to sell you on a treatment but so you know what to expect.  That way you can decide if
you'll  be satisfied.  It's always better to have photos. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
High volume non-surgical procedures don't always have photos. Also, photos aren't the best judge since results vary and only good photos are shown.
I think its better to speak to patients about their experience.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

No before and after photos. Is this a red flag?

Every Coolsculpting practitioner starts somewhere, but if they represent that they have 4 years of experience and no photos, I too would be skeptical.

That being said, I have been in plastic surgical practice for nearly 3 decades, and still do not have scads of photos of some procedures performed many times. There are lots of reasons, but most of them have to do with my failure to have a "standard" procedure for taking photographs, as well as relying on staff to do this rather than taking the time to do them myself.

(You know, the standard excuse really DOES apply--I'm too busy!)

But these ARE excuses, and each year I resolve teach my staff to do better, and yet they still sometimes fail to capture those splendid outcomes, and seem to get photos of a few poor ones, as well as out-of-focus pre-operative photos (never to be obtained again), badly positioned photos, over-exposed photos, or ones that are simply archived in digital never-never land. Then there's remembering the name so you can look the "good ones" up.

If you trust your doctor and their touch-up or re-do policy, you can also ask to talk to a few referral patients. You also said "technician" is the person who had 4 years experience--how about the doctor supervising? Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Importance of CoolSculpting Before And After Photos

Hi Shelle. This is a great question. Every practice has to start somewhere, and obviously a practice that has just started offering the treatment won't have their own before and after photos. But one thing you can do is view before and after pictures of other treatments the practice has done which can help build your trust in them and give you an idea of their results and overall experience. Trusting your provider is a huge factor. That being said, before we started offering CoolSculpting to our patients we had several staff and family members treated and used their before and after pictures to show our patients. There will always be some patients that will refuse to have photos taken, but if you do a lot of treatments you will still have enough before and after pictures to show your prospective clients. Hope this help answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Provider has no before/after photos of CoolSculpting patients

I would not say it is necessarily a red flag if the provider you saw has no before/after pictures of patients treated with CoolSculpting.  You might ask if you could speak with other patients they have treated to get a better idea of their results or you could also see if the practice is certified on the CoolSculpting website.  I think the most important factor is that you are comfortable with the physician who would be treating you.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon