Can I receive rhinoplasty if I have an antibody for Hepatitis C? (photo)

I have been told my liver function is PERFECTLY normal.

Can I receive rhinoplasty if I have an antibody for Hepatitis C

Greetings

The should be no problem. Tell your PS about your medical condition.

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hepatits C and antibody for Hepatitis C

Hello Rachel,
As long as your Hepatits C is not active or flaring and your liver enzymes are normal, you should be a candidate for rhinoplasty.  You mentioned you have the antibody for Hep C, but I'm assuming you have the actual Hep C antigen as well, right?  Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I receive rhinoplasty if I have an antibody for Hepatitis C?

You should be able to have a rhinoplasty.
Tell your physician about your medical condition.

Fred Suess, MD

Hep C and surgery

The presence of the antibody alone is not a contraindication, but what are your viral levels?  Have you undergone treatment for this disease--I am sure you are aware that the treatment for Hepatitis C is now much simpler and less difficult than even 5 years ago.  If you have not been treated then this should be your priority.

Rhinoplasty and hepatitis C

It is possible to undergo a rhinoplasty even though your have an antibody to hepatitis C. It is very important that you tell your operative surgeon and nursing staff about it and to make sure your liver function tests are normal.

Hep C and rhinoplasty

They do all kinds of successful liver transplant surgeries on Hep C patients. These surgeries are much more involved than a rhinoplasty.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty if I Test Positive for Hepatitis C

Rhinoplasty if i test positive for hepatitis C. As long as your liver function tests are normal you can have rhinoplasty surgery with general anesthesia. You must tell your surgeon so the medical staff can take precautions to avoid infecting themselves or other patients.

Rhinoplasty and Hep C antibodies

It should not be a problem! Does not affect your healing or anesthesia.  I do recommend telling your surgeon about it. Good luck

Myriam Loyo, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon